2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 24, 2015 -> 07:03 AM)
I hate Dellavadova.

Delly guarding Steph Curry in the finals would be pretty interesting to watch....

And suppose I'll stick up for him being an Aussie and all. He's made the most of what he has, reminds me of Hinrich in a way.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 24, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Is Steph Curry real life?

Anyone else see the old Houston Supporter in the bottom left hand corner jawing with him everytime Curry made a 3? Sit down already......

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
So much for the theory that Van Gundy was helping Thibs.

Thibs might take a year out of the game, and wait for the Lakers job to open up potentially, or another job.

The Devos Family (who own the Magic) love Scott Skiles, prob why he's now the favourite, they don't want to give up a pick for Thibs also.

Skiles and Tobias Harris have a pretty stormy history though, that might make things interesting if say the Knicks offered him a max deal....

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 23, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
They just might be the best nba team (no hyperbole here, check the numbers) of the 21st century.

And much props to Steve Kerr for, despite playing in the 80's and 90's, recognizing that it's a MUCH different game/era and adapting to it. You got Phil/Fisher running the f***ing triangle in 2015. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol considering you exaggerate a lot, this doesn't say much of anything.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:08 AM)
lol considering you exaggerate a lot, this doesn't say much of anything.

You're an Analytics guy. All the evidence is there. The Warriors could very well be the best team we've seen since the 72-win Bulls. Of course, they have to finish by beating Cleveland.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 24, 2015 -> 12:26 PM)
You're an Analytics guy. All the evidence is there. The Warriors could very well be the best team we've seen since the 72-win Bulls. Of course, they have to finish by beating Cleveland.

I'd go with 99-00 Lakers for now but if they sweep Cleveland, hard to disagree.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ May 24, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
I'd go with 99-00 Lakers for now but if they sweep Cleveland, hard to disagree.

I go back and fourth on the '00 lakers and the '01 lakers. If you could somehow combine the '00 lakers reg season with the '01 lakers postseason, you 'd have the greatest team in any sport ever. Of course, you can't do that. I'd go '01 lakers if only because that was the year Kobe elevated his game to superstar status while Shaq was still at his peak.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
So much for the theory that Van Gundy was helping Thibs.

It still might be. The Bulls obviously don't want to pay Thibs, if the teams he is willimg to be "traded" to dries up, or at least appears that way, the Bulls are left bringing him back, which would be actually very interesting, or paying him sit. I really don't know if a second round pick is worth $4.5 million which I think the Bulls owe him next season.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ May 24, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
Well, Atlanta's all done. Watch out for your knees, Curry.

They ejected Horford for that?

Dellavedova dove on the guy and dragged him down. My god. It's just what happened to Taj.

We might get a 5 v 8 finals.

http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2...had_the_in.html

The "inside story" of how Dellavedova ended up with the CAVS

Grant would have drafted Dellavedova, but he believed no one else was really interested in the guard. He could be added as a free agent. Right after the draft, Grant signed Dellavedova to a two-year, $1.3 million deal. The deal closer was that Grant guaranteed $100,000 for Dellavedova as part of the deal -- a lot of money for an undrafted player. He will be a restricted free agent after the season.

Former Cavs coach Mike Brown had Dellavedova as a rookie in 2013-14. Brown was familiar with the guard, because he watched Dellavedova play a few times at St. Mary's. Elijah (son of Mike) Brown was being recruited by St. Mary's. He even played some pick-up game with Dellavedova, so Brown was willing to give Dellavedova a chance to to prove himself with the Cavs.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/5/24/8652...illain-warriors

You will come to hate Stephen Curry (sooner or later)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
I'm not watching. Please tell me he's not hurt or kinda hurt?

He jumped up to block an Ariza shot and went over Ariza. Hit his head hard.

Doesn't look good. He walked off under his own power.