2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 26, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
If Cleveland's roleplayers are going to continue to play like they are then they are going to have a legit shot at beating GS.
I agree, I think they have a real legit chance. I know it's a complete turnaround from when I said at the start of the season that the Cavs had no shot to win this year but adding Mozgov, JR and Shump along with the emergence of TT has really changed this team from what they were earlier in the season when I thought they were soft. They're gonna battle GS and they have no one who can limit LeBron like say, Jimmy Buckets, except for Iguodala if you could time travel back 5 years ago. Their team D is great but what are they gonna do when LeBron ISOs? Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 27, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
I agree, I think they have a real legit chance. I know it's a complete turnaround from when I said at the start of the season that the Cavs had no shot to win this year but adding Mozgov, JR and Shump along with the emergence of TT has really changed this team from what they were earlier in the season when I thought they were soft. They're gonna battle GS and they have no one who can limit LeBron like say, Jimmy Buckets, except for Iguodala if you could time travel back 5 years ago. Their team D is great but what are they gonna do when LeBron ISOs?

Give it to him.

Then slice up Kyrie with Curry.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 27, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Hope you guys like Royce White, too.

Hell, this is the most convincing part of the Hoiberg rumor.

As Royce White attempts his NBA comeback through the July Summer League, the Chicago Bulls and New Orleans Pelicans are emerging as suitors for the former 16th overall selection in the 2012 NBA Draft, league sources told RealGM.

White has worked out in Minneapolis this season, and recently had a workout with the Los Angeles Clippers, a source said. The Clippers, and several other teams, remain in strong contention for White's summer league decision.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23798...-In-Royce-White

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 27, 2015 -> 09:54 PM)
An NBA big shot who I know and trust just told me a coach is getting fired in next couple days, and nobody sees it coming.

-Sheridan

If it's Budenholzer like I'm thinking, Bulls better have that s*** on speed dial.

my money is on this guy

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 28, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)
I agree, I think they have a real legit chance. I know it's a complete turnaround from when I said at the start of the season that the Cavs had no shot to win this year but adding Mozgov, JR and Shump along with the emergence of TT has really changed this team from what they were earlier in the season when I thought they were soft. They're gonna battle GS and they have no one who can limit LeBron like say, Jimmy Buckets, except for Iguodala if you could time travel back 5 years ago. Their team D is great but what are they gonna do when LeBron ISOs?

Let him shoot. He's been very inefficient so far this post-season.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 28, 2015 -> 10:06 AM)
Let him shoot. He's been very inefficient so far this post-season.

I've never understood LeBron settling for jumpers other than to hold off some fatigue. If he gets it in his mind to take it to the basket, he cannot be stopped, and GS will be no lock to win.

Warriors match up so well against the Cavs. They play small to begin with since Green is usually their 4 and he's was second in voting for DPOY.

LeBron creates matchup problems for most teams since their 4s are usually bigger and slower, forcing teams to put 3s and 2s on him. If the Cavs wanted to play Irving, Dellavedova, Smith, and LeBron, most teams would have to play a 4 to guard one of Irving, Dellavedova, and Smith. That usually leaves one open more often than not. But the Warriors have the personnel to match those lineups extremely well. Green, Barnes, and Iguodala can all guard LeBron and they wouldn't be forced to stick Bogut or David Lee on a smaller guard.

tl;dr: Warriors strongest/default lineup matches up well against Cavs' best/most used rotation.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
I've never understood LeBron settling for jumpers other than to hold off some fatigue. If he gets it in his mind to take it to the basket, he cannot be stopped, and GS will be no lock to win.

You can ask the same thing about Derrick Rose. Why the hell is he settling for 30% 3 pointers when he can drive and shoot 55%?

Worst kept secret ever.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/spo...iberg/27849419/

That includes McDermott, an Ames High alum and former Creighton all-American, who was selected by Denver with the 11th overall pick in last year's NBA Draft. He was then traded to Chicago.

"You hear that stuff all the time," McDermott said of the rumors. "I'm getting the same stuff you get. I trust the Bulls organization to make the right hire.

"I'm just looking forward to playing for whoever, whether it's coach Thibs or anyone else."

Who wouldn't want to work for a tag team that punched one coach in the face and then undermined another coach for 2 years before firing him.

Sounds like a great team to work for.