2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 28, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
It's their jobs to determine which "projects" will reach their potential.

Realistically, management has also generated guys like Jimmy Butler and company. They seem to be doing something right.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)
Good Woj article on the background of the firing, and the statement from JR really seems out of line now:

When Hoiberg is hired, are they still going to stick to the charade that the decision was a tough one that was just recently made?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-bulls-man...-053816326.html

Meh. What Reinsdorf said is true though. People want transparency from owners but then don't like it when they get it. Of course the decision wasn't made when they said it was. What are they supposed to say? We were going to fire Tom no matter what? This has been in motion for the last year and a half. Anyone that was blindsided by this hasn't been paying attention. I'm not saying you, Dick, I just mean in general. Lots of stunned people yesterday and it doesn't really make any sense.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:14 AM)
Realistically, management has also generated guys like Jimmy Butler and company. They seem to be doing something right.

Some would have you believe that the only reason why Butler is good is because of Thibs.......

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:14 AM)

I read an article that the guy who recommended Butler and Taj and Noah was a scout who is now the assistant GM in Orlando. The year he left, they drafted Teague.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
Meh. What Reinsdorf said is true though. People want transparency from owners but then don't like it when they get it. Of course the decision wasn't made when they said it was. What are they supposed to say? We were going to fire Tom no matter what? This has been in motion for the last year and a half. Anyone that was blindsided by this hasn't been paying attention. I'm not saying you, Dick, I just mean in general. Lots of stunned people yesterday and it doesn't really make any sense.

Gar said the reports they were trying to get something for Thibs was total BS and that they made the decision to fire him either yesterday or Wednesday. That just is a lie, and like in court, how are you supposed to believe anything else he says? JR's response was damning, and I think unnecessary. Even if they absolutely hate Thibs, keep it classy. As far as I can tell, GarPax haven't exactly accomplished much as a duo. The fact is, the talent was short. Losing to LeBron and the Heat wasn't embarrassing and unexpected. Losing to LeBron this year with a hobbled Noah, a Rose that isn't the same as he was every night, isn't unexpected. They have every right to fire Thibs. But to try to drag him through the mud is proposterus. The fact is, they gave him, this horrible coach, an extension, and still owe him $9 million, so who really is the fool?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
Gar said the reports they were trying to get something for Thibs was total BS and that they made the decision to fire him either yesterday or Wednesday. That just is a lie, and like in court, how are you supposed to believe anything else he says? JR's response was damning, and I think unnecessary. Even if they absolutely hate Thibs, keep it classy. As far as I can tell, GarPax haven't exactly accomplished much as a duo. The fact is, the talent was short. Losing to LeBron and the Heat wasn't embarrassing and unexpected. Losing to LeBron this year with a hobbled Noah, a Rose that isn't the same as he was every night, isn't unexpected. They have every right to fire Thibs. But to try to drag him through the mud is proposterus. The fact is, they gave him, this horrible coach, an extension, and still owe him $9 million, so who really is the fool?

I kind of feel like the Van Gundy stuff is the reason for the Reinsdorf letter. I read that as, "When management offers a perspective, they aren't violating your rights". Also, "Don't give those private conversations to Jeff Van Gundy to spew on live television". Now, does that mean Bulls management is right? Absolutely not. But I think that's why Reinsdorf did what he did.

Gar Formen is Johnny Jump Shot two best friend, "Neal and Bob". This CS couldn't put a winning 10yo YMCA together. This Fgot needs to go. Paxson is about 5 years past his experation date. He's living off game 5 vs. the Lakers and game 6 versus the Suns. If he missed those shots, he'd be selling insurance. Old man Reinsdork is incorridgable. Look how long he kept Crumbs Krause around. He let that phat azz blow up the Bulls and sent them to the dark ages for ten years. Word gets out. This franchise is dysfuntional top to botton. No free agents will come here. Here comes about 7 years of 20-62 records. They all can G.F.T.

Go Bulls....and take the White Sux with you!

That was an entertaining rant worthy of the Rongey post-game show.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
Gar Formen is Johnny Jump Shot two best friend, "Neal and Bob". This CS couldn't put a winning 10yo YMCA together. This Fgot needs to go. Paxson is about 5 years past his experation date. He's living off game 5 vs. the Lakers and game 6 versus the Suns. If he missed those shots, he'd be selling insurance. Old man Reinsdork is incorridgable. Look how long he kept Crumbs Krause around. He let that phat azz blow up the Bulls and sent them to the dark ages for ten years. Word gets out. This franchise is dysfuntional top to botton. No free agents will come here. Here comes about 7 years of 20-62 records. They all can G.F.T.

Go Bulls....and take the White Sux with you!

That was an entertaining rant worthy of the Rongey post-game show.

Where did this garbage come from

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
The yahoo.com responses under that earlier article.

They even had other posters copying "Reinsdork" as if that was an original one.

Gross. Please leave that crap there

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:27 AM)
It is also quite stupid, and impossible.

People view Reinsdorf's refusal to pay the tax through the lens of "cheap", but it makes more sense for sox fans who saw him refuse to go over slot in the draft. He's a man who sticks to the spirit of the CBA rules, which I think is a strategy to be more influential in the drafting of those rules.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
People view Reinsdorf's refusal to pay the tax through the lens of "cheap", but it makes more sense for sox fans who saw him refuse to go over slot in the draft. He's a man who sticks to the spirit of the CBA rules, which I think is a strategy to be more influential in the drafting of those rules.

The current draft rules with hard slotting, and the international draft rules have Jerry's fingerprints all over them.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:22 AM)
Some would have you believe that the only reason why Butler is good is because of Thibs.......

Defensively yes. Offensively it's all Jimmy.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
bulls fans hot take that JR takes money from the bulls to pay for the sox is quite strong.

God that at always made me laugh as so dumb.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)

Everyone is taking the statements as going after Thibs, but to me it all just screamed justification. All season long people have been reporting that Thibs would be fired regardless of how many games they won and that doing so would be a terribly dumb move. I think the Bulls had to give a reason for the firing, otherwise they wouldn't get their say in for the record. I don't see any personal digs, I see a lot of truth - Thibs is a stubborn SOB and when management and the players want something else, and the coach refuses to budge, that's not a "team" mentality/culture. Throw in a lot of the little disagreements and fights that a lot of employees/employers have, and that was enough for him to get fired.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 29, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
Everyone is taking the statements as going after Thibs, but to me it all just screamed justification. All season long people have been reporting that Thibs would be fired regardless of how many games they won and that doing so would be a terribly dumb move. I think the Bulls had to give a reason for the firing, otherwise they wouldn't get their say in for the record. I don't see any personal digs, I see a lot of truth - Thibs is a stubborn SOB and when management and the players want something else, and the coach refuses to budge, that's not a "team" mentality/culture. Throw in a lot of the little disagreements and fights that a lot of employees/employers have, and that was enough for him to get fired.

This isn't the first time the Bulls have just plain lied. Back when Phil left, Krause told him the year before if he went 82-0 he wouldn't be back. Yet during the lockout they made it seem like they wanted him back, even though Floyd, who everyone knew was going to be the next coach for a year, had been hired in some other capacity. Apparently they play the public for fools, but the good news is if they don't win a title next season, they will have to come up with a different excuse. It will be interesting to see what that is.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
This isn't the first time the Bulls have just plain lied. Back when Phil left, Krause told him the year before if he went 82-0 he wouldn't be back. Yet during the lockout they made it seem like they wanted him back, even though Floyd, who everyone knew was going to be the next coach for a year, had been hired in some other capacity. Apparently they play the public for fools, but the good news is if they don't win a title next season, they will have to come up with a different excuse. It will be interesting to see what that is.

Floyd was hired as director of basketball operations while they "recruited" Phil back.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 29, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
Yeah, remember when he signed him to this just last July:

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-07-21/bull...ich-2-year-deal

And then had our FO send KC Johnson a bunch of info about how lucky bulls were to get him at that great contract?

Still doesn't excuse Thibs playing him when it was clearly hurting the team.