2014-2015 NBA thread

For some reason, after reading everything, I have a feeling Thibs is a "take this job and shove it" kinda guy. He didn't play nice with the Bulls' corporate suits who frankly probably are buffoons compared to Thibs.

As far as Hoiberg, maybe he'll think better of entering that circus once he thinks about it. He'd be a FOOL to give up Iowa State for the NBA. He can probably get some more money out of this deal and remain a hero forever in Ames versus a guy destined to be fired in Chicago. Pretty un-classy of the bulls to say they expected more in the Cleveland series when f***ing Gasol got hurt and Rose is as brittle as well, a rose flower.

The Thunder were idiots, total idiots, in not waiting a few weeks to hire Thibs over the college guy. Who has the worst front office in basketball, Thunder or Bulls?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2015 -> 02:22 PM)
Wade might become a free agent again this summer. I am sure he will be the next to pass up the Bulls.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-his-departure/

Not that anyone really wants him at his price point.

Wade wasn't all that good last year. His numbers dropped off a cliff after he had to be the #1 guy again. He's not capable of that anymore at his age. At best, he's a #2 guy on your team.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 29, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
Wade is going to cleveland.

He's going to have to take one hell of a paycut to go there.

I think they're better off with JR Smith and Iman Shumpert than Wade. That team doesn't need another ball handler/slasher. They need guys who can shoot.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 29, 2015 -> 06:35 PM)

This is why college coaches like Hoiberg who are beloved should "just say no" to the NBA unless all they care about (and this is possible) is making a few million more per annum.

Smith wrote: "It’s why the shelf life of the NBA coach isn’t long; in his fifth season, Thibodeau ranked fourth senior NBA coach with his team. The other three all had won titles."

Hoiberg won't last more than 2-3 years with Chicago unless the Bulls win it all which they probably won't.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
This is why college coaches like Hoiberg who are beloved should "just say no" to the NBA unless all they care about (and this is possible) is making a few million more per annum.

Smith wrote: "It’s why the shelf life of the NBA coach isn’t long; in his fifth season, Thibodeau ranked fourth senior NBA coach with his team. The other three all had won titles."

Hoiberg won't last more than 2-3 years with Chicago unless the Bulls win it all which they probably won't.

I agree. He apparently loves the NBA. So good for him. He could be the king not just the Mayor of Ames and have more money than he would ever need for the rest of his life if he stayed. Seems like a no brainer to me, but apparently he doesn't feel the same.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 29, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
Every coach in the NBA has him in there. This is really an unfair criticism of Thibs that he's received since that moment.

Went back and looked. Was only a 12 point lead. For some reason my brain changed it to 20 point lead.

My bad, I'll admit my error there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
I agree. He apparently loves the NBA. So good for him. He could be the king not just the Mayor of Ames and have more money than he would ever need for the rest of his life if he stayed. Seems like a no brainer to me, but apparently he doesn't feel the same.

More money annually, big cities vs. college towns if that's what they want, no NCAA regulations.

Hell, getting away from the NCAA could be the biggest factor.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 29, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
I think the problem is the Bulls had one of the best front offices in the league at collecting talent and one of the best coaching staffs in the league as well. Blowing both of those up would be the bigger mistake as it would leave you starting 100% from scratch. Clearly this got bad enough that JR, who was one of Tom's staunches advocates, even got off the bandwagon and decided it was time. It seems like the reality was JR would have allowed the issues to continue to go together if things were kept internally better and probably more importantly if the players didn't start to grow weary of Tom.

imo, Thib's stop becoming the yes man close to the beginning, maybe Rose's 2nd knee injury. then he fought with the FO.

Thib is a great coach

Thib may be a lousy FO man esp in drafting.

how much of this is players getting tired of thib 100% being hard on them.

Kelly Dwyer with the best piece I've seen so far. It puts both sides at fault, which is where it belongs.

Tom Thibodeau didn’t deserve the process, but he’s earned the dismissal. No coach works harder, but in mistaking activity for achievement Tom Thibodeau has created an unsustainable relationship with his bosses, his players and reality. Yes, there were injuries – there are always injuries in this town – but to create an offense this staid and predictable with this rotation in 2015 is an art crime.

Thibodeau’s defensive sets revolutionized pro basketball a few years ago, but he also failed to think on his feet just as distressingly on that end in 2014-15, failing to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of his players while still assuming that Omer Asik was about to come in off that bench.

The reason Omer Asik doesn’t come off the Chicago bench is because this franchise has every excuse in place.

They’ll always have excuses, and the ability to argue things away. You can’t pay the luxury tax, and a $15 million yearly contract for Asik, for a team that will be without Derrick Rose for most if not all of 2012-13. You can’t pay the repeater tax as you attempt to surround Rose and others with mid-priced helpers. What’s the point of Kyle Korver when you badly need a competent ball handler with Rose out for most, if not all, of 2012-13?

Read more: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-don...-170105615.html

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
Kelly Dwyer with the best piece I've seen so far. It puts both sides at fault, which is where it belongs.

i think that last para was said many times on this site in different ways. Thib played the players esp when rose wasn't there, with his shear will.

but it gets old.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 30, 2015 -> 01:25 AM)
If Hoiberg joins the Bulls, do you think or even want Royce White joining Chicago?

totally unrelated. any ideas of their intentions on this yr draft??

QUOTE (LDF @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
totally unrelated. any ideas of their intentions on this yr draft??

I mentioned it because I saw a story that he wanted to make a comeback and the Bulls and Pelicans were two of the top teams. He graduated from Iowa State so there is a correlation between Hoiberg and White.

Not sure what the Bulls want to do for the draft since I'm not a fan of them.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 30, 2015 -> 02:35 AM)
I mentioned it because I saw a story that he wanted to make a comeback and the Bulls and Pelicans were two of the top teams. He graduated from Iowa State so there is a correlation between Hoiberg and White.

Not sure what the Bulls want to do for the draft since I'm not a fan of them.

oh, my bad, i just took what you mention on post #11158 as someone you knew somebody in the FO.... whew that was a mouth full to write.

Scott Skiles gets hired by Orlando.

I don't know if Hennigan really even wanted him, it was more so from the owners the Devos Family that Skiles had to come in as the new coach (being a former favourite and all).

Now the interesting part will be to see what happens with Tobias Harris here, those 2 did not get along whatsoever during their time in Milwaukee.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 30, 2015 -> 02:46 AM)
Scott Skiles gets hired by Orlando.

I don't know if Hennigan really even wanted him, it was more so from the owners the Devos Family that Skiles had to come in as the new coach (being a former favourite and all).

Now the interesting part will be to see what happens with Tobias Harris here, those 2 did not get along whatsoever during their time in Milwaukee.

a real nice insight, something new to remember. i like it.