2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)
That's all you got? Why is he good?

Yeah that's all I've got tough guy. I like his game. If he sneaks into the mid teens, I'd be fine if the Bulls went up and got him. I'd also be fine if they stayed at #22 and took a player. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers today.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:20 PM)
Yeah that's all I've got tough guy. I like his game. If he sneaks into the mid teens, I'd be fine if the Bulls went up and got him. I'd also be fine if they stayed at #22 and took a player. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers today.

well i was lost as to why as well. but i didn't know enuf of college b-ball to ask the same question. for me, i thought you had a reason on that preference.

but what ever.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
He's old with a limited ceiling and most importantly has no outside shot, which should be a no non these days.

you do have a point which i didn't think of, so in other words, how much more does he have to develop.

what i saw and concentrated on is his size, really good speed with the ball, his shooting % and his play making ability.

many thanks.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 05:20 PM)

I was just looking for more analysis of why you thought he was good.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:12 PM)
I was just looking for more analysis of why you thought he was good.

on this one today.... i am with you. i don't why either. b-ball is not as much fun to keep up with, at least for me.

btw, i didn't know you were a tough guy??? was there some special school you went too to get like this?? :o

So looks like the Kings and Lakers are discussing a Cousins deal, or at least the framework for it according to Woj's last twitter update.

Something like Clarkson, Randle and the #2 for Cousins.

The Lakers don't want to give up Randle though, so a 3rd team might need to get involved here.

Probably why Vucevic got mentioned the other day, so in theory the Magic would get Randle and the Kings Vucevic (since they want someone who can play and contribute well right away). Or Denver gets involved and ships Lawson / Faried potentially.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 12:01 AM)
So looks like the Kings and Lakers are discussing a Cousins deal, or at least the framework for it according to Woj's last twitter update.

Something like Clarkson, Randle and the #2 for Cousins.

The Lakers don't want to give up Randle though, so a 3rd team might need to get involved here.

Probably why Vucevic got mentioned the other day, so in theory the Magic would get Randle and the Kings Vucevic (since they want someone who can play and contribute well right away). Or Denver gets involved and ships Lawson / Faried potentially.

I would rather have Randle and Okafor then Cousins

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)

Depends on a team's mentality to win now or not I suppose.

There'd also be potential spacing issues with that front court, unless you had say a Memphis style offense that focused on the low post. It also wouldn't be great defensively at least initially.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 01:20 AM)

Really? That's an awful defensive front court though. I know Cousins doesn't play much D either. Are we positive that Okafor will be Cousins offensively though? Cousins is a knucklehead but he's so good.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
Really? That's an awful defensive front court though. I know Cousins doesn't play much D either. Are we positive that Okafor will be Cousins offensively though? Cousins is a knucklehead but he's so good.

I just don't see Lakers actually competing this year and I think they need to build for the future. Cousins is young and has a few years left in his contract but his contract his huge. And like you said he is a knucklehead that will be playing in LA with no real stable head coach to keep him grounded.

Okafor and Randle are both young and pretty cheap and our good players to build off of. You don't have to start them together for defensive purposes. Also they said Clarkson would be involved and he is no slouch either. He is young and getting better as well. Need to build a team and not trade away 3 good assets to get one all-star player that won't carry your team. He also takes away money for free agency.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 11:16 AM)
I just don't see Lakers actually competing this year and I think they need to build for the future. Cousins is young and has a few years left in his contract but his contract his huge. And like you said he is a knucklehead that will be playing in LA with no real stable head coach to keep him grounded.

Okafor and Randle are both young and pretty cheap and our good players to build off of. You don't have to start them together for defensive purposes. Also they said Clarkson would be involved and he is no slouch either. He is young and getting better as well. Need to build a team and not trade away 3 good assets to get one all-star player that won't carry your team. He also takes away money for free agency.

Cousins has a chance to be an absolute monster. Hell, he already is. Just yesterday on the score they mentioned his 24-12 season stat line, he has done that twice already and he is in truly elite company and he is only 24 years old.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 11:25 AM)
Cousins has a chance to be an absolute monster. Hell, he already is. Just yesterday on the score they mentioned his 24-12 season stat line, he has done that twice already and he is in truly elite company and he is only 24 years old.

If he could ever stop fouling so much his line would more than likely be better.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
I think Okafor is going to be by far the best player in this draft. I still think it's funny the knock on him is his defense yet thay never ever gets brought up for Towns. It's so bizarre.

lol. maybe because that's because Towns was a beast defensively in college and projects so at the next level?

All I know is if I were the Lakers, I'm taking Russell all day. Looks like he has potential to be a superstar. All this said, Okafor is getting bashed despite having a damn good low post game and just fantastic footwork.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
All I know is if I were the Lakers, I'm taking Russell all day. Looks like he has potential to be a superstar. All this said, Okafor is getting bashed despite having a damn good low post game and just fantastic footwork.

I think they see a high floor but a low ceiling with him. In a league run by superstars, everyone wants to take that moon shot.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
I thought weight was an issue with Okafor as well

I think it has been, but what is his reputation? If he has a good work ethic, the strength and conditioning in the NBA should make that a non issue. If he has a lazy reputation like Eddy Curry He may get hurt sitting on and popping an exercise ball in a couple of years like he did.