2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
All a pipe dream unless Rose decides to play for less that what he's making now and/or he is no longer in Chicago, although I do agree they should be shooting for that spending flexibility in case Davis is open to coming here. Random PG Butler McDermott Mirotic Davis I could live with that.
:(

Good for Jimmy. The problem with those shorter deals is you make yourself vulnerable to trades if they don't think they can sign you again. And you can end up in a poor fit.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Love and Thompson staying in CLE

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 3m3 minutes ago

Kevin Love will accept a five-year, $110 million contract extension with the Cavs according to sources

Wow, I'm surprised Love wanted back in for the long haul.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)

With his injury history, even though some of them are freak injuries like last year's....get yourself the 9 figures.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)

I think it was windhorst who was speculating that he might have wanted to take a longer term deal because of health concerns (mainly his back). Clearly all speculation though.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)

He'd leave a ton of money on the table by doing anything else. It is hard to say no to that. At worst, he could force a trade later.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
Obvious Bron, Love, Kyrie is the new big 3 for years to come, all just gonna opt out to get more money in the long run.

Can Bulls compete with that? I dont know.

Nah they had their shot this season when Love went down and Kyrie was hobbled.... I mean the best they can hope for is injuries again, since many are injury prone.

Unless Hoiberg is a wizard or something :)

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
Obvious Bron, Love, Kyrie is the new big 3 for years to come, all just gonna opt out to get more money in the long run.

Not without big break.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)

My response continues to be a simple question.

Can Derrick Rose get back to his 2010/2011 level or is he the player we saw last year?

If Rose is an MVP-candidate and up there with the best PGs in the league, worth his contract, the Bulls are right there. If Rose is not, then they're simply outgunned and they don't have the cap space to fix that problem because they're paying Rose so much.

Jimmy Butler needs a movie to be made about him someday. He's gone from homeless as a teenager to an NBA All-Star. Now he's getting paid $95 million. Great rags to riches story.

Thompson rumored to be getting a 5 year $80 million deal from the Cavs.

Cavs are gonna pay their 2 power forwards nearly $40 million next year. That's almost 2/3 of the cap.

Cavs just entered cap hell. But they're gonna be soooo good.

Though if Derrick takes well to Hoiberg, minutes are managed better and Niko, Snell and McDermott all improve there's no reason the Bulls can't compete.