2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
Ok. And when the Spurs beat the heat after rolling through OKC and Memphis?

Memphis/Houston is a damn tough spread to get through, especially when Josh smith was trying. OKC sucked and will continue to fail in the playoffs and have a fate worse than the Bulls, the most talented team in the league that didn't win a championship. That is something I'd only wish on a crap market like OKC.

Memphis is offensively challenged and lol@the rockets. Enes Kanter went 18.7/11.0 - 25.0 PER in 26 games with the Thunder. Westbrook dropped a triple double on the league the second half of the season. They won 45 games in a loaded conference despite the 2014 mvp missing 55 games and losing an elite, rim-protecting specimen that can also score. Don't ever compare them to the Bulls who lost to LeBron and a bunch of greg775's.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fools Gold with Kanter for mine though, seems like a Cancer, and he's just so bad defensively. And LOL at giving Kyle Singler 5/25 BTW.

Also the Knicks have actually signed someone, Aaron Affallo for 2/16. That's actually a pretty good deal in this market.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
Dragic to Heat at 5/90. Have to imagine they'll keep Wade. That starting 5 is definitely scary for the east. Maybe even good enough to knock of the cavs if they are healthy.

Also woj say Spurs are the favorite for Aldridge. Quite the replacement for Duncan.

What the f*** are you talking about. If the Heat are healthy and LeBron dies, then they have a shot.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)
Obvious Bron, Love, Kyrie is the new big 3 for years to come, all just gonna opt out to get more money in the long run.

Can Bulls compete with that? I dont know.

Uh. No.

They got stomped by LeBron and half a kyrie.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 05:58 AM)
Memphis is offensively challenged and lol@the rockets. Enes Kanter went 18.7/11.0 - 25.0 PER in 26 games with the Thunder. Westbrook dropped a triple double on the league the second half of the season. They won 45 games in a loaded conference despite the 2014 mvp missing 55 games and losing an elite, rim-protecting specimen that can also score. Don't ever compare them to the Bulls who lost to LeBron and a bunch of greg775's.

No, I Will compare them to the bulls because that is my whole point. We were disappointed with our championship window closing with a team 1/2 as talented. They are going to lose KD to Washington next year. If they don't win the championship next year, they will have nothing to show for having the most talented team in the league. That is a fate worse than the bulls.

I also love how you can write that it was a loaded conference to boost the resume of the Thunder even as your undercutting the road to the finals for GS. And that still doesn't answer the question on whether you actually think in the last 5 years of Western Conference dominance whether their playoffs have hurt their chances in the finals. It clearly hasn't.

Just scrolled through pages and pages of people complaining about the contracts being hand out.

Get use to these deals guys, the good days of signing the Big 3 for $14 mil a piece are gone. If the rumored cap of $110 mil in 2 years is accurate, that's like average of $7.5 mil/ for a 15 player roster. I just hope that they raise the league and vet minimum some so those guys wouldn't be making peanuts compare to the stars.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Just scrolled through pages and pages of people complaining about the contracts being hand out.

Get use to these deals guys, the good days of signing the Big 3 for $14 mil a piece are gone. If the rumored cap of $110 mil in 2 years is accurate, that's like average of $7.5 mil/ for a 15 player roster. I just hope that they raise the league and vet minimum some so those guys wouldn't be making peanuts compare to the stars.

I find the cap on the stars earners much more egregious than the salary floor. Mainly because of Hinrich.

Frankly, I think the cap makes it more likely for above average players to get the max to desparate teams than if the cap was hire and a true market was set. "Sure, give them the max".

Knicks aren't gonna get anyone worthwhile.

Remember when Knicks fans thought they could actually get somebody like Marc Gasol this year and start their rebuild back into relevance? LOL

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
It's not my money. I just wish the Bulls could make better use of their cash.

I didn't think any of their signings were bad uses of their cash. Compare to what most teams are spending money on and the Butler move could turn into a huge coup when cap expands and the Dunleavy deal isn't going to have any long term negative ramifications from a cap perspective (not enough money their). Even the Rose deal, when you look at what guys are getting right now, going forward, I don't see Rose's contract as some huge impediment (but I also expect him to play the majority of the games for the rest of his contract).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
I didn't think any of their signings were bad uses of their cash. Compare to what most teams are spending money on and the Butler move could turn into a huge coup when cap expands and the Dunleavy deal isn't going to have any long term negative ramifications from a cap perspective (not enough money their). Even the Rose deal, when you look at what guys are getting right now, going forward, I don't see Rose's contract as some huge impediment (but I also expect him to play the majority of the games for the rest of his contract).

Here's an interesting thought experiment.

If Rose retired and the Bulls were suddenly able to offer a max deal to any other PG or other player they wanted during any of the last couple offseasons, would landing anyone other than Lebron make them a finals team?

One thing that really helped the Heat was that shooting was inexpensive then, and guys taking the min instead of 2-3 million. Now they get 10 million. WIll be interesting to see who fills out their roster.

I wonder who the undervalued pieces are now?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)

Looking around at the contracts that have been signed, Dunleavy's deal is a f***ing steal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
Looking around at the contracts that have been signed, Dunleavy's deal is a f***ing steal.

I feel that way too. He could fall apart pretty quickly, I don't know, but he's the type of guy title teams have on their bench. The key being "bench". We need to get better development out of Snell / Dougie / Niko to ensure that Dunleavy can play less minutes and ideally be as effective as possible during those minutes. He's also just a very good guy to have in the lockeroom. The spacing he brings is also key and thankfully shooting and smart passing are a couple skills that take a longer time to deteriorate.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
Read Monrow shunned the Knicks for Milwaukee. Never thought I'd see that happen back in the day.

If he wants to win, the Bucks are a much better team to be on. They have a lot of quality young talent, a bright coach, and a returning top pick (to go with the young talent that helped get them to the playoffs). I don't think they are a title contending team but with the defense they are capable of playing they could easily be a top 3-4 team in the East and are not going to be a team people like playing.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
I feel that way too. He could fall apart pretty quickly, I don't know, but he's the type of guy title teams have on their bench. The key being "bench". We need to get better development out of Snell / Dougie / Niko to ensure that Dunleavy can play less minutes and ideally be as effective as possible during those minutes. He's also just a very good guy to have in the lockeroom. The spacing he brings is also key and thankfully shooting and smart passing are a couple skills that take a longer time to deteriorate.

At worst, he can always shoot. With guys like Jimmy and Derrick on the floor, all Mike has to do is set up his screens and get to his spots. If Niko continues his growth that takes even more pressure off of Mcd.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
At worst, he can always shoot. With guys like Jimmy and Derrick on the floor, all Mike has to do is set up his screens and get to his spots. If Niko continues his growth that takes even more pressure off of Mcd.

The key is Niko / Doug / Dunleavy / Snell all have the ability to be good long-range shooters. We will need that as it should really help with the spacing on offense.