2014-2015 NBA thread

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA: Says official who was part of meetings ESPN reported on: "There's clearly a breakdown in communication between LeBron and (Wade and Bosh

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 51s

Unless Pat Riley lines up talent appealing to James within cap structure soon, one LBJ suitor says: "LeBron seems ready to explore market."

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
If the Bulls sign him they can't trade him for 30 days. So that's some more cap space they don't have for Melo.

Mirotic hasn't been signed. Nothing happens until Melo decides

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
If the Bulls sign him they can't trade him for 30 days. So that's some more cap space they don't have for Melo.

Not really. Melo has to be acquired through a Sign and Trade. The Bulls could then sign Mirotic with the Mid-Level Exception. You are right though that they couldn't sign Mirotic and Melo outright.

Mirotic only secured his buyout. The bulls can only pay 600k of that and it doesn't hurt the cap.

If he actually signs with the bulls then it will hurt the cap. All he did was get out of his contract in Europe.

Kinda odd none of the Bulls reporters are saying anything about Mirotic.

Also if the reports are true Niko himself if the one paying for his buyout...That's kinda odd, I think

EDIT- Good call Kev on that 600k tidbit, I had forgotten all about that.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 11:01 AM)
Pau was offered the MLE from the Thunder......That seems awfully low. I didn't really want Pau because I thought he'd be getting ~10M. At the MLE I'd love to have him.

At that price, he is definitely worth the price to be the primarily back-up to both Taj and Jo.

The team would definitely be better, but still does not solve the main issue of wing scoring. Maybe McDermott can fill some of the void but you would definitely need another piece.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)
At that price, he is definitely worth the price to be the primarily back-up to both Taj and Jo.

The team would definitely be better, but still does not solve the main issue of wing scoring. Maybe McDermott can fill some of the void but you would definitely need another piece.

If they don't have to clear Dunleavy's $ then he's another scorer. Still not real sure what to think of Jimmy, and Snell is a bit of a mystery as well but right now those 2 are the SGs with MJD/DMD at SF......Vince Carter makes some sense IMO and I'd still like Augustin back...

Rose/Augustin

Butler/Carter

DMD/MJD

Taj/Niko

Noah/Gasol

That looks like a fun lil team.

A team with:

Rose

Butler

Dunleavy

Gibson

Noah

Mirotic

McDermott

Snell

Bairstow

Randolph

plus whatever our cap space nets us

That doesn't make me hate my life by any stretch. I'm a little excited for it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
A team with:

Rose

Butler

Dunleavy

Gibson

Noah

Mirotic

McDermott

Snell

Bairstow

Randolph

plus whatever our cap space nets us

That doesn't make me hate my life by any stretch. I'm a little excited for it.

It is a better team than last year.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
One good enough to fall well short.

I think it is a team that could play with Miami. I doubt they can beat them. Of course that is with the obvious caveat of Rose staying healthy.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 4, 2014 -> 11:10 AM)

Haha Gasol would not be "backing up" Taj. SunTimes reported that if Bulls sign Gasol, he will start.

That's just bulls***. People need to forget about it. It's clear that it doesn't even make a difference, anyway. Once in the history of ever has recruitment by one player caused another star player to change teams. Otherwise, it's just money and fit.