2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
And Steve, to be fair, you believed in LeBron 4 years ago and look how that turned out. We need you to be pessimistic this time.

To be fair, I never thought LeBron was definitely coming to Chicago. I was certain he'd never go to Dwyane Wade's team when he could go to Chicago or New York.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
No idea who this is, but a friend texted me this and thought I would share

Clicks. Some dude on twitter made up a rumor that was retweeted once from a reporter and he got 200k followers in min.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
Melo narrowed his list down to Bulls, Lakers, Knicks supposedly. Which you know, isn't really earth shattering.

That also got retweeted a bunch with the source being another no name twitter. Unless you saw it somewhere else?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:35 PM)
To be fair, I never thought LeBron was definitely coming to Chicago. I was certain he'd never go to Dwyane Wade's team when he could go to Chicago or New York.

Uh, yeah you did.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)
NY Dailey news reported it I guess.

Yeah I see it there. Says a personal friend is their source.

If I wasn't wanting to leak to my friends, that's what I'd tell them too.

While I don't necessarily have a problem with these free agents taking their time with significantly important career and potentially life-changing decisions, the excessive media coverage is... ummm

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
While I don't necessarily have a problem with these free agents taking their time with significantly important career and potentially life-changing decisions, the excessive media coverage is... ummm

I think the Melo saga in particular has taken several turns based on absolutely nothing. Not a mis/overinterpretation of an event, but just speculation building off of itself

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
I think the Melo saga in particular has taken several turns based on absolutely nothing. Not a mis/overinterpretation of an event, but just speculation building off of itself

On Facebook I saw how his wife supposedly had a revelation that she could continue her career in LA. Umm... no s***? I'm assuming she's not a f***ing idiot and knew that already.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:19 PM)
Link?

I'm not going to bother to look for the posts since it's been 4 years, but I think it was pretty clear that you expected LeBron to be in Chicago. I think a lot of us did.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
Not sure if it was reported by Cowley says:

"That instant contender would cost him about $54 million because the Bulls have a four-year, $75 million offer on the table."

Hey, that's better than what I thought they would have offered him.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 11:31 PM)
KC Johnson says without sign and trade Bulls can offer $73.

I was expecting something around $16-17 million honestly. Getting near the $19 million figure means they're willing to dump a lot (maybe even Jimmy Butler).

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:15 AM)
Da f***? This guy is stealing my ideas

I'm sure everything he wrote about has been talked about by the posters in this thread and on most internet message boards.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:19 AM)
I'm sure everything he wrote about has been talked about by the posters in this thread and on most internet message boards.

It's probably where he got the idea to write it. The Real GM forums have been talking about it a lot.

Joe Cowley mentioned that Stephenson is asking for $10 million a year. If we don't get Melo, I don't think signing him to an offer sheet is a bad idea. If Indy doesn't match, whatever, he's a nice player at a position we need to fill. He can be had for what is basically market value. $10 million a year to Stephenson isn't an overpay IMO, especially given his defensive, passing, and shooting abilities. The only issue is that Stephenson is weird as hell and basically helped Indiana blow up last year. The last thing this Bulls team needs is internal issues among players. I'm sure Stephenson will be liked if the Bulls win, but like with Indy last year, once the going gets tough, s*** might hit the fan. If Indy does match, whatever. You end up making them pay a bit more than what they offered (5 and $44 million) as well.

Again, this is like plan D, but I feel like it's a plan D that can yield a high reward. It might also blow up in our face.

Edited by chw42