2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:50 AM)
FWIW, if I want to spend $10 million on FA and it's down to Lance Stephenson and Chandler Parsons, I'm going Parsons every time

That's assuming Parsons' going rate is $10 million. I think it's going to be higher. Stephenson's market value is about what he actually provides for you on the court right now. You're not really overpaying for him.

Stephenson may be an idiot, but you can't overlook his efficiency numbers last year for an offensively challenged Indiana team. Not only did he shoot the ball fairly well (including the 3), he averaged almost 5 assists per game. He can be your second ball handler. He also plays defense, so there's that.

Edited by chw42

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
That's assuming Parsons' going rate is $10 million. I think it's going to be higher. Stephenson's market value is about what he actually provides for you on the court right now. You're not really overpaying for him.

Stephenson may be an idiot, but you can't overlook his efficiency numbers last year for an offensively challenged Indiana team. Not only did he shoot the ball fairly well (including the 3), he averaged almost 5 assists per game. He can be your second ball handler. He also plays defense, so there's that.

He is a better basketball player long term then Parsons. It isn't really close, imo. Much better skill-set, etc, and you can get him at a better price. He might be crazy though.

I guess the dude over at RealGM who broke the Jason Kidd story has "reported" that Melo dropped the Bulls, Mavs and Rockets. He's also waiting to make a decision until Lebron decides.

RealGM

‏@RealGM

Carl2680: Carmelo won't make decision until LeBron makes his. He's also eliminated the Bulls, Mavs & Rockets. -- http://bit.ly/1jlfxaM

Sun-Times apparently says the report is not true:

Sun-Times Basketball ‏@suntimes_hoops 13m

Report out there is Melo told the Bulls "no thanks'' this morning. Source just said "not true.'' Bulls are still alive, maybe not so well.

I forgot what I was reading (since I've read the entire basketball internet past week), but Pacers are close to luxury tax and only made like 8 million last year. They really don't want to pay Lance more than 8 mill so more than that may not be matched (frontloading this offer might be interesting)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
The question is, whether the guy who broke the Kidd story has connections to people close to Melo or the Bulls.

If it's true, it would have to be Melo camp letting it out. Bulls may not have been technically told, but Melo has ruled them out.

These are one of these rumors I will tell myself is not true, but I'm sure it is.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
I guess the dude over at RealGM who broke the Jason Kidd story has "reported" that Melo dropped the Bulls, Mavs and Rockets. He's also waiting to make a decision until Lebron decides.

Sun-Times apparently says the report is not true:

Basically that was taken by a dude on a message board right?

What's the deal with Real GM anyway?? It looks like a message board to me....is it run by people with sources??

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
Basically that was taken by a dude on a message board right?

What's the deal with Real GM anyway?? It looks like a message board to me....is it run by people with sources??

They have people with sources, sometimes they are true.

On saturday they had "people with sources" who were saying they had friends that were partners at law firms in Chicago that Melo was coming to work out contract details on Sunday.

So, yeah, not true.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
The #1 insider on the OSU board who is really connected to OSU sports (and he claims the Cavs) said that Lebron to Cle is about done.

Can't wait for the inevitable "he has no supporting cast" argument.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
Can't wait for the inevitable "he has no supporting cast" argument.

Kyrie's better than anything he ever had in Cleveland.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
The #1 insider on the OSU board who is really connected to OSU sports (and he claims the Cavs) said that Lebron to Cle is about done.

Is it that NevadaBuck guy? I only ask because I used to look at the OSU scout insider board (one of my best friends went to OSU) and that guy had some interesting stories.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
Then they turn around and trade Varajeo and Wiggins for Love

God I hope not. LeBron going to Cleveland would even out the East a bit, but putting Love on the same team would make it completely lopsided again.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
Honestly, I think Lebron, Varajao, Wiggins, and Irving is better than Lebron, Bosh, and Wade at this point.

If Varejao can stay healthy, yeah.

Plus, they got some other pieces on that roster that are way better than what Miami has to offer (Waiters, Thompson, Bennett).

Defensively Kyrie-Waiters-James-Love Verajao (but realistically their backup C due to injury) is possibly worse than rockets with only 1 plus defender (James)

Kyrie-Wiggins/James-TT-Verajao(but really backup C) is still not great.

That would all really depend on Wiggins development. Kyrie still has yet to be as great as people assume he is, to me he's nothing more than a streaky shooter and capable ball handler on a bad team that increases his usage rate.