2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
A NY writer said all the James to Cleveland hype is being generated by the Cavs to save face for losing him in 2010.

I don't really buy that, but if it is true and it basically shames LeBron to come back, it's a genius move.

Totally false, just bulls***ting at this point.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
A NY writer said all the James to Cleveland hype is being generated by the Cavs to save face for losing him in 2010.

I don't really buy that, but if it is true and it basically shames LeBron to come back, it's a genius move.

I wouldn't trust anyone at this point, especially not NY writers.

And none of this can shame LeBron into coming back. LeBron hasn't said jack. The Cleveland media can't will the best player in the NBA back through rumors.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
Espn Cleveland reporting Love to Cleveland is extremely close now.

Oh god, it's happening isn't it?

BTW...Sam Amico just tweeted this.

What I can tell you is LeBron agent Rich Paul clearly appears in Cavs' corner. But this is a LeBron decision through and through.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)
Espn Cleveland reporting Love to Cleveland is extremely close now.

Thats what they are thinking is going to happen.

The best part is a friend of mine who is a Cavs fan said, now we have three all stars on the roster, dynasty. I said, what happened when you had TWO last year?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
If Cleveland gets Love, it'll come with the price tag of Wiggins.

Yup, but it would make perfect sense for a team getting Lebron. Love stretches the floor and is the type of big they desperately need to surround him there. Thompson and Varajeo can't stretch the floor at all. The roster as currently constructed would get killed in the finals because of the lack of spacing for Lebron. Trading for Love helps a ton.

If all of this materializes, I guess I can go back to hating Cleveland.

Also, this will obviously shake up free agency quite a bit. I wonder if LeBron teaming up with Love will make Melo choose the Bulls.

I think the Melo holding out for Lebron is regarding this : If Lebron signs a 2 year deal with another opt out after 1, he will sign with NYK and hope Lebron opts out and joins knicks next year with their uber cap space.

That was brought up by Blogabull and makes sense.

IF he chooses long term in miami or cleveland, that is good for bulls in whatever limited sense good could mean at this point.

However, I think Bulls fans should hope cleveland sucks so that our swapped first rounder is better.

Re: Love to cleveland, Danny Ainge how has 9 first round picks in the next 4 years.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
I think they would do that in a heartbeat

They were already prepped to do this, but wanted long term extension from love. Perhaps they don't care now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:45 AM)
I think the Melo holding out for Lebron is regarding this : If Lebron signs a 2 year deal with another opt out after 1, he will sign with NYK and hope Lebron opts out and joins knicks next year with their uber cap space.

That was brought up by Blogabull and makes sense.

IF he chooses long term in miami or cleveland, that is good for bulls in whatever limited sense good could mean at this point.

However, I think Bulls fans should hope cleveland sucks so that our swapped first rounder is better.

Re: Love to cleveland, Danny Ainge how has 9 first round picks in the next 4 years.

They need Cleveland to be between 15 and 30 and the Bulls to be better than that. It's not worth very much at all.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:45 AM)
They were already prepped to do this, but wanted long term extension from love. Perhaps they don't care now.

Doing that without a commitment from Love is a fireable offense. I mean, this is Andrew Wiggins we're talking about...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
Doing that without a commitment from Love is a fireable offense. I mean, this is Andrew Wiggins we're talking about...

If they think Lebron is coming, Love will sign on.

Also, cavs are terrible at management.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
They need Cleveland to be between 15 and 30 and the Bulls to be better than that. It's not worth very much at all.

Ugh, that trade sucks. Why is Forman so terrible at everything.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 05:02 PM)
Not at drafting.

The bulls drafting would be better if they swung assets like Jimmy/Taj for better players instead of falling in love with them and telling a star player to sign for $15 million.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:05 AM)
The bulls drafting would be better if they swung assets like Jimmy/Taj for better players instead of falling in love with them and telling a star player to sign for $15 million.

Which is not what they did. They outlined multiple options to Melo, some which involved moving Taj / others, but Bulls can do things and get max. I think this all comes down to what Lebron does. If Lebron goes long term, it should bode very well for Bulls. If he signs a contract with a 1 year out, Melo is staying in NY and the Knicks and Melo will try to sign Lebron in a year. If it is long term and Love ends up in Cleveland, all of a sudden there aren't many stars out there for Melo to play with, and it means he ends up coming to Chicago. Bosh ends up in Houston.