2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
So why the hell does Melo even care what LeBron does?

Theory is Melo wants to play with Lebron in NY, that could happen if he signs a 2 year deal with opt out in a year to stay in Miami. No one thinks he's signing with Miami long term. That is why a lot of people are starting to speculate Melo is waiting on that to decide whether he stays in New York or bounces for another option. I happen to think that other option is a place like Chicago where he can win and the Bulls / Knicks will start working on a S&T. I literally think Melo wants to stay in NY badly but only if he thinks he has a legit shot at winning. That gets a lot less likely if Lebron is off the list (plus Aldridge is gone too) and we might find Love off the list of available FA next year as well.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:02 PM)
So why the hell does Melo even care what LeBron does?

many theories, main one seems to be if he goes 2 years with Heat he'd go back to NYK and hope LBJ comes after the current run with Heat, if he goes long-term to Heat or Cle then Melo would consider other than Knicks

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
Theory is Melo wants to play with Lebron in NY, that could happen if he signs a 2 year deal with opt out in a year to stay in Miami. No one thinks he's signing with Miami long term. That is why a lot of people are starting to speculate Melo is waiting on that to decide whether he stays in New York or bounces for another option. I happen to think that other option is a place like Chicago where he can win and the Bulls / Knicks will start working on a S&T. I literally think Melo wants to stay in NY badly but only if he thinks he has a legit shot at winning. That gets a lot less likely if Lebron is off the list (plus Aldridge is gone too) and we might find Love off the list of available FA next year as well.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
many theories, main one seems to be if he goes 2 years with Heat he'd go back to NYK and hope LBJ comes after the current run with Heat, if he goes long-term to Heat or Cle then Melo would consider other than Knicks

I guess that makes sense in theory. Thanks.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:03 AM)
Where's the sas stuff coming from?

Who knows...supposedly he said this on a NY radio report. However, supposedly he also said he will be announcing his return to the Knicks.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)
Melo goes back to NY. Big 3 go back to Miami. LOL AT MEDIA

I'm ok with big 3 going back to Miami. They are very beatable with an aging Wade. None of the moves they have done are that scarcy. Lebron in Cleveland will actually be scarier, if they can make the right moves. Maybe not this year, but long term.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
If Melo goes back to NY this will all be a huge waste of time

If he does, I guarantee he will say it wasn't about the money but all about Phil Jackson's vision and championship rings.

And if that were totally true, there would have been no reason for the dog and pony show in which he took part.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
I'm ok with big 3 going back to Miami. They are very beatable with an aging Wade. None of the moves they have done are that scarcy. Lebron in Cleveland will actually be scarier, if they can make the right moves. Maybe not this year, but long term.

Yea what would really suck the most, obviously, is Lebron to Cleveland and melo not with with the bulls.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)
If he does, I guarantee he will say it wasn't about the money but all about Phil Jackson's vision and championship rings.

And if that were totally true, there would have been no reason for the dog and pony show in which he took part.

the weird thing is that they were saying the tour cost him $900,000... so he shouldn't have opted out

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)

Without really going out and meeting other teams, he couldn't know that for certain. Can't blame him for looking, however, I think the time he's taken to make the decision tells you he is at least considering other options, otherwise he would have quickly decided, imo.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:12 PM)

I agree and yet I still want Lebron to leave because f*** the Heat, f*** Pat Riley, and f*** Dwayne Wade.

(Until he signs on a discount to play with melo here)

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
Yea what would really suck the most, obviously, is Lebron to Cleveland and melo not with with the bulls.

I think Lebron to Cleveland, Melo to Chicago, Bosh to Houston, Wade...who knows.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
I think Lebron to Cleveland, Melo to Chicago, Bosh to Houston, Wade...who knows.

As someone pointed out earlier, how can you opt out of 42 million guaranteed if you're not 100% confident that you're contending the next few years with Lebron?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)

There's so many different reports but at this point I'd be really surprised if Lebron didn't go to Cleveland. I think the whole Miami thing is dead; age, not enough money to go around etc. bosh to Houston I agree too, here's hoping melo comes though lol

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
I come here just for Jason's optimism. :wub:

Ha seriously. Wish I was as optimistic as Mr. Gage.

And yes, LeBron going to Cleveland is scarier than him staying in Miami.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)
holy f*** balls this is crazy

if bulls get melo i will cry

too busy at work to pay enough attention (wow, time's have changed)

someone come jerk me off

I might just jizz my pants.