2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
Ha seriously. Wish I was as optimistic as Mr. Gage.

And yes, LeBron going to Cleveland is scarier than him staying in Miami.

But you got to love it. I have zero problem with Lebron going home to Cleveland. None. I've also came to really like Lebron again.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Lebron stays in Miami on a 2 year deal with a one year opt out, Melo stays in New York, and Lebron joins him in 2015-2016. I mean come on people, we're Chicago fans. None of this crap ever works out the way we want it to.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:13 PM)
Without really going out and meeting other teams, he couldn't know that for certain. Can't blame him for looking, however, I think the time he's taken to make the decision tells you he is at least considering other options, otherwise he would have quickly decided, imo.

Which is fine. But if he goes back to the Knicks, it is all about the money, which I would applaud if he admitted it.

I don't think anyone has a problem with people changing jobs if they can make a lot more money elsewhere, or not leaving a place because they payyou more, even if it isn't a totally perfect fit. It just bothers me when they say it's not about the money when it obviously is. But I guess it's a two way street. Many slammed ARod as greedy when he took the extra $100 million and signed with Texas. I'm sure I would have taken the extra money too. If it were only a couple million, maybe I play where I want, but that much? That's why Melo taking the money is fine with me. Just don't say money had nothing to do with it, like is prettty standard in these situations.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:21 PM)
But you got to love it. I have zero problem with Lebron going home to Cleveland. None. I've also came to really like Lebron again.

I think that'd be great. I, too, like LeBron, and I'd honestly be happy for Cleveland.

It'd be rather unbelievable, though.

Also, I'm increasingly nervous for what I care about - Melo to Chicago. Jason, please do another of your "I think the Bulls get Melo" posts with some reasoning so I can enjoy it. Seriously.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:21 PM)
I think Lebron stays in Miami on a 2 year deal with a one year opt out, Melo stays in New York, and Lebron joins him in 2015-2016. I mean come on people, we're Chicago fans. None of this crap ever works out the way we want it to.

But..........Ben Wallace.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
I think that'd be great. I, too, like LeBron, and I'd honestly be happy for Cleveland.

It'd be rather unbelievable, though.

Also, I'm increasingly nervous for what I care about - Melo to Chicago. Jason, please do another of your "I think the Bulls get Melo" posts with some reasoning so I can enjoy it. Seriously.

Just for you Steve. Melo to Chicago; With Lebron in Cleveland, Melo has no reason to stay put. Not enough talent available in FA next year for Phil to build an immediate winner, therefor, Melo tells Knicks today he will not return. Does not announce Bulls, rather says he's interested in both, to apply pressure to Knicks to work out S&T so they can receive something and Melo ultimately can get something very near a 4 year max from Chicago all while the Bulls return top talent and Knicks get at least some assets (and lots of payroll flexibility) for assisting Bulls.

Pretty valid point. W/Lebron on board, they'd have done better then Riley has done.

Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft 58s

For the naysayers if LeBron was coming back to Miami he would be recruiting free agents instead of staying silent. #ignoranceisbliss

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Just for you Steve. Melo to Chicago; With Lebron in Cleveland, Melo has no reason to stay put. Not enough talent available in FA next year for Phil to build an immediate winner, therefor, Melo tells Knicks today he will not return. Does not announce Bulls, rather says he's interested in both, to apply pressure to Knicks to work out S&T so they can receive something and Melo ultimately can get something very near a 4 year max from Chicago all while the Bulls return top talent and Knicks get at least some assets (and lots of payroll flexibility) for assisting Bulls.

Well, couldn't he announce Bulls just like LeBron did with the Heat?

Dan Gilbert swore up and down he'd never let LeBron get his money by participating in a sign-and-trade. LeBron announced Miami, then Cleveland did the deal (because you gotta get something). If Carmelo wants to be signed-and-traded to the Bulls, then he'd just announce he's chosen the Bulls. Then the deal gets made. Of COURSE the Knicks would take Boozer to get a couple of 1sts and Mirotic. It'd make no sense not to.

So, if he really wanted to come to Chicago, which I'm growing increasingly doubtful, he could just so easily announce it and still know he's getting paid.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
Pretty valid point. W/Lebron on board, they'd have done better then Riley has done.

Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft 58s

For the naysayers if LeBron was coming back to Miami he would be recruiting free agents instead of staying silent. #ignoranceisbliss

Also to a similar point; If Bulls had received any sort of indication from Melo they were out, we'd have heard them moving on to a few different more significantly priced plan B's. Instead all we have heard is Pau and then the fact that they at least made interest with some lower priced guys (who wouldn't really be impacted regardless of their plan). Reality is Bulls feel they have a chance too and the lack of any other scenario's points that out. And before someone goes well Pau is that guy, yes he might still be that guy, but he's also of interest to Melo, potentially. If we do a S&T we will have the BAE and MLE and that MLE can be used on Nik or Pau. If Melo wants someone more experienced, we use it on Pau (plus it then frees Nik up if Phil really does need a better asset to sweeten the deal). Everything we have done thus far has been with one thing in mind...sweet sweet Carmelo and it will happen my friends...it will happen!!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
Well, couldn't he announce Bulls just like LeBron did with the Heat?

Dan Gilbert swore up and down he'd never let LeBron get his money by participating in a sign-and-trade. LeBron announced Miami, then Cleveland did the deal (because you gotta get something). If Carmelo wants to be signed-and-traded to the Bulls, then he'd just announce he's chosen the Bulls. Then the deal gets made. Of COURSE the Knicks would take Boozer to get a couple of 1sts and Mirotic. It'd make no sense not to.

So, if he really wanted to come to Chicago, which I'm growing increasingly doubtful, he could just so easily announce it and still know he's getting paid.

Could, but I think he does want to get paid where as Lebron truly didn't care. He was going no matter what and I don't know that Melo necessarily is 100% that way, that is why he'll play more of the leverage. Either way, I think Chicago is where he's headed, as long as Bron Bron really is going back home to Cleveland. If not, we are toast, but we are a Lance Stephenson signing (+ Nik) or other potential moves from being right there with the Heat as the best team in the East.

Either way...moot point...Melo is coming. And I just got an offer for free lunch at work from some old consultants...even sweeter. When I get back maybe there is some news! Thank goodness I've been on a lot of conference calls the past few days.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
Its so funny to see trades from both sides. On here we think its a no brainer to deal Wiggins for Love, Cleveland fans think they can throw scraps and get Love with no issues.

"The Cavs expressed to Paul that, after their discussions with the Timberwolves, doing a deal "would not be easy," according to one source.

That source also expressed that the Cavs were reluctant to include No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins in any potential deal."

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/source...erwolves-070914

ya gl with that

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
I also expect NOTHING to be done by today. This is the "lets make everyone sit at their computer and update twitter every 20 second just for nada to be decided" day.

Better than yesterday's absolutely nothing happened and there wasn't even anything to refresh twitter about day.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
"The Cavs expressed to Paul that, after their discussions with the Timberwolves, doing a deal "would not be easy," according to one source.

That source also expressed that the Cavs were reluctant to include No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins in any potential deal."

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/source...erwolves-070914

ya gl with that

Meh if I'm Cleveland that's exactly how you play it up until it's time for him to pack his bags. Gilbert even posted on his twitter today something like see Wiggins for the first time in a Cavs uni

I dont buy that Melo is willing to stay in New York if Lebron takes a 2 year deal in Cleveland or Miami. Why would he waste two years of his playing career trapped in misery that is New York and hope that Lebron decides to take a deal in NY two years from now. If playing with Lebron is his end goal, he can easily tell NY to target Lebron in a S&T, ask Lebron he stay in Miami and sign with them outright, or force a S&T between NY and CLE to get him to Cleveland.

Him waiting on Lebron for two more years so he can watch Bron win 2 more rings just doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:48 PM)
I dont buy that Melo is willing to stay in New York if Lebron takes a 2 year deal in Cleveland or Miami. Why would he waste two years of his playing career trapped in misery that is New York and hope that Lebron decides to take a deal in NY two years from now. If playing with Lebron is his end goal, he can easily tell NY to target Lebron in a S&T, ask Lebron he stay in Miami and sign with them outright, or force a S&T between NY and CLE to get him to Cleveland.

Him waiting on Lebron for two more years so he can watch Bron win 2 more rings just doesn't make sense.

He'd be 32 years old as well.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 2m

LeBron James and agent meeting w/ Heat will include Pat Riley and assistant GM Andy Ellsburg, the salary cap expert, source tells Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA · 22s

Miami isn't treating today like some kind of Armageddon w/ James, just normal planning meeting to show financial way team's back together.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

Except Melo appears to love everything about New York except the Knicks. I think he'd bide his time for a year if James has a 2 year deal, 1 year opt out.

The knicks people, have basically 1 contract on the books for 2015-2016.

I've said before, it's pretty impressive tbh what PHil Jackson has done so far.