2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I were cleveland, I really would not be down with being the place where Lebron wipes his ass until New York opens up into a better situation in 2 years. I would not like that at all

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
If I were cleveland, I really would not be down with being the place where Lebron wipes his ass until New York opens up into a better situation in 2 years. I would not like that at all

The way Cleveland has dropped into the Sh***** the last couple of years after Lebron left I don't think they'll mind.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)

I don't think that's a scenario, tbh.

If Lebron signs short-term he's signing Heat. CLE should be a 4 yr deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Except Melo appears to love everything about New York except the Knicks. I think he'd bide his time for a year if James has a 2 year deal, 1 year opt out.

The knicks people, have basically 1 contract on the books for 2015-2016.

I've said before, it's pretty impressive tbh what PHil Jackson has done so far.

It makes some sense on Melo's side, but if I am Lebron, why would I compromise my contract so I can play with Melo in New York in 2016? The potential core of Kyrie Love and Lebron along with pieces like Thompson, Varejao, Waiters and Ray Allen is far better than whatever New York can buy after giving max to Melo and Lebron, if that does happen.

If Lebron wants to play with Melo with a fresh roster, he can easily make that happen this year down in Miami.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)
Now they have photos of moving trucks at his house. Jesus this s*** is creepy.

Also, with that pic who knows if it's even his house.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)
So like 10 pages since last time I was in this thread and all we've got is moving trucks and Jarret Jack being traded, right?

yes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
Well, couldn't he announce Bulls just like LeBron did with the Heat?

Dan Gilbert swore up and down he'd never let LeBron get his money by participating in a sign-and-trade. LeBron announced Miami, then Cleveland did the deal (because you gotta get something). If Carmelo wants to be signed-and-traded to the Bulls, then he'd just announce he's chosen the Bulls. Then the deal gets made. Of COURSE the Knicks would take Boozer to get a couple of 1sts and Mirotic. It'd make no sense not to.

So, if he really wanted to come to Chicago, which I'm growing increasingly doubtful, he could just so easily announce it and still know he's getting paid.

Melo is staying in NY