2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
On another forum I'm on if you post a link from the NY Daily News you get banned since it's a tabloid so I guess I'm conditioned to it. But I'll believe it from anywhere else.

I was mostly just messing around, and you obviously have to hear it from the horse's mouth before anything is official. It was just a funny initial reaction.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)
Get that money, Melo. You can't roll hard like LBJ and even Dwight Howard who left that max extension cash on the table. Enjoy the nothing that you'll have with you in New York.

so much for caring more about winning.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m

Several days ago -- and maybe it's changed since but... -- 'Melo hadn't even been able to reach LeBron James, sources tell Yahoo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
The Daily News is a tabloid and that reporter is the Knicks beats guy. So i would expect a non-commital pro-Knicks article like that from him.

Funny how Frank Isola's pro-bulls possibility articles have been linked up like gospel but as soon as he gets a source, and woj retweet, he's discredited.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
Funny how Frank Isola's pro-bulls possibility articles have been linked up like gospel but as soon as he gets a source, and woj retweet, he's discredited.

ya I don't see why you wouldn't trust Isola.. he's no Broussard or Bucher

TEH DREAM IS DEAD

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
lol who would trade for that contract?

I think it's a pretty clear sign that Melo is fine trying it for a couple years and if he doesn't like it or Phil doesn't get the FA's he wants, he'll whine his way out of town like he did in Denver.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:07 PM)
I think it's a pretty clear sign that Melo is fine trying it for a couple years and if he doesn't like it or Phil doesn't get the FA's he wants, he'll whine his way out of town like he did in Denver.

Yeah, just strange because any contract would be people paying for the year 30 and year 31 seasons. Now it will be him in decline for 32-onward.

Also...didn't he want free agency so he could go to a team that wouldn't have to gut themselves for him?

I mean I think it's reasonable to assume that he didn't know until today. And then he told a friend and the friend told the reporter. Although the story doesn't quote the friend saying "Melo told me he's decided on the Knicks" (officially hit the bargaining stage).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)

Yeah except he'll be 32 with around $60 million left on that contract.

It won't be the same situation.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
I find it a little odd that it's been nearly 30 minutes and there's been no one else confirming the news.

Wojnarowski mentioned it, but didn't confirm.

CBS Sports and ESPN are reporting it with Isola as the source.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:13 PM)
Wojnarowski mentioned it, but didn't confirm.

CBS Sports and ESPN are reporting it with Isola as the source.

Friedell is happy as a clam. More opportunities to s*** on the Bulls for him.