2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Yeah except he'll be 32 with around $60 million left on that contract.

It won't be the same situation.

Nobody will want him by that point. He'll be stuck half-assing it on a bad team in NYC

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
If The Decision 2010 is any indication, the choice is always what nobody expects

LBJ and Melo to LA!

There were people leaking james to MIA that whole day, we just chose not to believe them.

Edited by bmags

I still don't understand. If he believes in Phil what was the purpose of his free agency? It's funny how believable Phil became when the Knicks offer became the max, and how that appears to influence a decision Melo himself said had nothing to do with money.

I wouldn't mind being at the United Center when Melo comes to town. I think the hazing should be supreme. JR should send him the dinner bill.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
He had to make it seem legit that he was looking to leave to force the Knicks to offer the max.

Perhaps, but he insisted money would have NOTHING to do with it. And if he loves NY and believes in Phil, why not take less than max?

If the report is accurate, it was always about the money.

Note to self: do not waste any time dreaming about any possibility of Bull signing or trading for another superstar, until it actually happens, less productive time would be wasted on the internet reading rumors from so-called experts.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
I don't blame him for checking things out. If you've never had the ability to look into other teams, how do you know if your team is the right choice?

Yes, but his team doesn't meet the criteria he himself laid out for what he was looking for. The one thing they offer the other teams could not was something he said didn't matter.

Again, I don't blame him for taking the money. I probably would do the same thing. What I do object to is his insistance when this began money will not be an issue, and I'm sure he will say the same thing during his press conference, yet magically he will wind up selecting the team least likely to win, but able to pay the most.

Edited by Dick Allen

Twitter is just awesome right now. Basically half of my timeline is saying something like a "source says Melo is going back to NY." And the other half is Melo has not told anybody anything.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:21 PM)
Perhaps, but he insisted money would have NOTHING to do with it. And if he loves NY and believes in Phil, why not take less than max?

If the report is accurate, it was always about the money.

I mean that's rule #1 that we all keep falling for: they always take the money. Always. Even Lebron and those guys didn't give up s***, because they MADE more money in the long run being together. This idea that professional athletes care about winning and all that is just a bunch of BS we WANT to believe. If it happens to coincide with getting paid? Sure, they'll go along. If not, no chance.

I'm actually okay with guys going for the money. That means it's a league that I can understand. The Big 3 pre-planning to take less cash to go to MIA just blew everyone's mind

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)

LOL

Anyone paying him that much is nuts.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
I have no problem with someone going for the money just come out and f***in say it.

Exactly. I would applaud if during Melo's press conference someone asked him why he really came back and he said he gets guaranteed and extra year and what $35 million more, and then look at the person asking him the question and say what would you do?

I don't know why so many athletes think saying it's not about the money when it clearly is, is something that endears them to fans. We all pretty much know the truth.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 25s

Gregg Popovich has agreed to a contract extension, Spurs say in release. I had been told he was eager to coach another 4-5 years.

Surprised about that

LOL even the good news is bad news:

Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

Follow

Carmelo Anthony's agent Leon Rose tells ESPN that "he hasn't made a decision yet" on Knicks/Lakers.