2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:43 PM)
And she needs clicks since LA is literally not in the news whatsoever

She is a good local reporter but LA centric and I think the Lakers are dropping all kinds of reports to make themselves relevant and make people sound like their organization has it together again. That is all. I don't for one second believe the Lakers were the 2nd choice for Melo. If somehow that is true and the Bulls were the 3rd destination, people should lose jobs. Cause with this roster if you lose to a team with no coach, Kobe, and nothing else around them, that is just sad.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
She is a good local reporter but LA centric and I think the Lakers are dropping all kinds of reports to make themselves relevant and make people sound like their organization has it together again. That is all. I don't for one second believe the Lakers were the 2nd choice for Melo. If somehow that is true and the Bulls were the 3rd destination, people should lose jobs. Cause with this roster if you lose to a team with no coach, Kobe, and nothing else around them, that is just sad.

No coach, Kobe, nothing else around them, but the ability to offer like $8 mil more a year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
No coach, Kobe, nothing else around them, but the ability to offer like $8 mil more a year.

That should be irrelevant. I could see if the options were only Bulls / Lakers, but Knicks can offer significantly more and have a brighter future outlined for them. But if the option was money....clearly Knicks...if it was talent, Bulls is fine...plus you could work S&T for Laker / Bulls money to be the same anyway.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
Still waiting on that legit source to confirm the report.

No one has confirmed anything yet. Lots of misinformation. Might be real, might not. Real GM makes our board look so good. I thought Soxtalk overreacted but I've never seen anything quite like them.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 47s

More

Cavaliers are pursuing a Kevin Love trade with Minnesota, contingent on the signing of LeBron James, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

I'm actually rooting for this. If that happens, Lebron is locked up for at least 4 years and Melo's FA dreams have to hinge on Durant. He's the only other superstar that will be available in the next couple years. That's if he cares about winning of course, which he does not. Keep gettin' dem checks.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 47s

More

I'm actually rooting for this. If that happens, Lebron is locked up for at least 4 years and Melo's FA dreams have to hinge on Durant. He's the only other superstar that will be available in the next couple years. That's if he cares about winning of course, which he does not. Keep gettin' dem checks.

Well he also could care about winning but not at the expense of 40 or 50 million dollars and who could blame him for that.

Per @NBA: Salary cap for 2014-15 season jumps to $63.065 million. Tax level is $76.829 million. Minimum team salary is $56.759 million

I did not realize the salary floor was so close to the salary cap.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Other than the Nets and Andrei Kirlenko, I wonder if a team has ever tried paying a player by laundering them money.

Timberwolves with Joe Smith right?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:27 PM)
So how angry will everyone be when we decide not to amnesty boozer?

Extremely pissed off about how cheap and incompetent this organization is.

I think Boozer's gone for good though, Thibs has had enough of his s***. You saw that with how little he played in the second half of games last year.