2014-2015 NBA thread

I thought the Bulls already told him he's getting traded or amnestied?

I find it hard to believe someone out there wouldn't take a trade for him. He's a big expiring contract. A team like Philly who is going to tank again wouldn't like that?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
That's when the meeting starts. Web site I thought was supposed to update at 7, not sure what time zone.

I thought the announcement was supposed to be at 6pm ET?

I don't think Melo cared about winning all along. It's either that, or the Bulls' pitch totally bombed.

Even if he wants the max or close to the max, the Bulls should be able to accommodate for it, if Melo tells the Knicks he wants to go to the Bulls for the Max. Something like Boozer, Dunleavy, Snell, trio of garbage contracts, and Hinrich (S&T as well) and picks, for Melo, JR, and Prigioni will help the Knicks reload for next year. That would put Bulls at about $77 mil for 10 players. Not great, but we can make more trade to get more further under the tax line.

The opportunity is there, if he wants both the max and to win. The roster we have here will be far superior than what the Knicks can build for Melo in the next 2 years. Why he, or anyone, wouldn't come to Chicago, we don't know.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
I thought the announcement was supposed to be at 6pm ET?

Chris Sheridan was the initial report that the announcement would come through his website but he gave no time. Probballdraft did say 6 est, but that doesn't make sense that's when his dinner starts. Someone else said 7. I don't know it's madness.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:57 PM)
Kobe Bryant having a live press conference coming up now.

He's been traded to the Bulls for Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich, and some picks.

#danbernstein

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
I thought the Bulls already told him he's getting traded or amnestied?

I find it hard to believe someone out there wouldn't take a trade for him. He's a big expiring contract. A team like Philly who is going to tank again wouldn't like that?

There was an article explaining why it would be better for the Bulls if they keep him, if they don't trade Gibson. With Gibson and Boozer they are at the cap and can use to separate exemotions to sign other players. With only Boozer amnestied they drop below the cap too far and cannot use the exemptions.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 05:56 PM)
WHOA Mavs and Chandler Parsons prepped to sign agreement for 3 year $45 million!

Holy crap!

Congratulations, mavs. You are now the 5th seed (at best) in the west next year. Way too much for a guy that's not even gonna come close to putting you over the top.