2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)
Congratulations, mavs. You are now the 5th seed (at best) in the west next year. Way too much for a guy that's not even gonna come close to putting you over the top.

Moronic signing.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:18 PM)
He had to make it seem legit that he was looking to leave to force the Knicks to offer the max.

We have a winner.

I been saying all along, I never believed for one second that Anthony was going to leave NY. It ALWAYS was about the money.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)
Congratulations, mavs. You are now the 5th seed (at best) in the west next year. Way too much for a guy that's not even gonna come close to putting you over the top.

Houston could potentially match, which opens up Bosh to Bulls if Lebron goes to Cleveland.

Not sure $15 million is gonna get you Bosh, considering it doesn't even get you Parsons.

Maybe we can beg Bosh to ask for S&T. That works well.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:07 PM)
Are we still taking the NY Daily News report as fact?

I never cited the NYDN.

I base it off things I've read about Melo, dude just isn't the type of player that'll do anything for a title.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:49 PM)
I never cited the NYDN.

I base it off things I've read about Melo, dude just isn't the type of player that'll do anything for a title.

It just seemed like you said it's official or been announced already. Didn't know what we were going off of.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
Per @NBA: Salary cap for 2014-15 season jumps to $63.065 million. Tax level is $76.829 million. Minimum team salary is $56.759 million

I did not realize the salary floor was so close to the salary cap.

This is one of several things that annoys the s*** out of me about the NBA salary cap. Why should you be forced to spend nearly $60 million on your roster if you suck and you're rebuilding? It's basically forcing teams to flush money down the toilet. Lower the floor a little and maybe you can relax the crazy luxury tax rules that really only slow down smaller market contenders like OKC and Memphis.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:53 PM)
This is one of several things that annoys the s*** out of me about the NBA salary cap. Why should you be forced to spend nearly $60 million on your roster if you suck and you're rebuilding? It's basically forcing teams to flush money down the toilet. Lower the floor a little and maybe you can relax the crazy luxury tax rules that really only slow down smaller market contenders like OKC and Memphis.
it guarantees a certain percentage of the revenue going towards the players. That's why it's there. If you want to lower that floor, the players will need to get something else in return for giving up some guaranteed revenue sharing.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 1m

Chris Bosh has decided to sign with Rockets if LeBron James leaves Heat.

Man, the Heatles are going to go down as one of the more fascinating stories in sports history.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
He'll end up with the Bulls. Not sure if I'm being sarcastic.

I wouldn't hate it as a basketball move if the price weren't likely to be as high as I think it would be