2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Youre so off base here its ridiculous. LeBron, Love, and Kyrie will have a better supporting cast than the heat had and they would get to the finals with ease. If its Wiggins, LeBron, and Kyrie I still would put them as favorites, but not auto.

I agree. I also think their coach is quite a bit more skilled than Spoelstra.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Youre so off base here its ridiculous. LeBron, Love, and Kyrie will have a better supporting cast than the heat had and they would get to the finals with ease. If its Wiggins, LeBron, and Kyrie I still would put them as favorites, but not auto.

Absolutely. I think people are sleeping on Kyrie. By far the best PG LeBron will ever play with if he does go there. Not auto favs, but special talents like James get the best out of people. Plus he's learned quite a bit from Riley defensively. Cavs are set with their youth. James did promise Cleveland a title... maybe he wasn't going back on his word afterall.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
And it begins.

Pretty sure you and J4L basically laughed at the notion of the Heat losing these past Finals...

Or are you going to say you never said that? J4L laughed at me when I kept saying the Spurs were gonna beat the Heat.

It isn't that I 'hate' LeBron, I don't, I just don't overrate the hell out of him.

But carry on...

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:46 PM)
I agree. I also think their coach is quite a bit more skilled than Spoelstra.

Oh right, blame it on Spoelstra now.

I didn't see you patting him on the back when they won two championships.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
Pretty sure you and J4L basically laughed at the notion of the Heat losing these past Finals...

Or are you going to say you never said that? J4L laughed at me when I kept saying the Spurs were gonna beat the Heat.

It isn't that I 'hate' LeBron, I don't, I just don't overrate the hell out of him.

But carry on...

Well, I will say I never said that because I didn't. Sh*t, I was suspended for the entire lot of June and wouldn't have even had a chance to post such nonsense. Anyone who watched the Heat and Spurs in the playoffs this year would have been nuts to make any guarantees like that.

I've backed LeBron for years on this board. Go climb a tree and stop putting words in people's mouths just because of your venomous hate for the best player ever not named Michael Jordan.

I'm crazy but still holding out the slimmest hope for Melo.

The Bulls with Melo and the Cavs with LeBron and Love in addition to the Wizards and Pacers would at least give the East four fun teams to watch.

Bosh in Houston would make them even more fun to watch.

But it all rests on Melo actually deciding to go with the Bulls and LeBron leaving the Heat.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)
I think Steve missed this thread.

I've been "back" for like a week. I actually work at work now, so I don't get to f*** around. I decided to get all up in this thread tonight for old time's sake. Some of the comments are... well... amazing.

skBmScD.jpg

Now I have venemous hate because I'm not a James jockrider, lol ok.

LeBron is the best player right now, find somewhere I say otherwise. I just don't get caught up on the hype and I would rather wait until their career is over to judge where they stand among the greats. BTW, 99-2003 Shaq to me was the most dominating NBA player I've ever seen besides MJ. You were probably too young to really appreciate peak O'Neal.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
I'm crazy but still holding out the slimmest hope for Melo.

The Bulls with Melo and the Cavs with LeBron and Love in addition to the Wizards and Pacers would at least give the East four fun teams to watch.

Bosh in Houston would make them even more fun to watch.

But it all rests on Melo actually deciding to go with the Bulls and LeBron leaving the Heat.

I like all of this. It would be more exciting during the season that's for sure.

Yesterday one of my friends told me my hate for LeBron is stupid because he's a great player.

Keep in mind, big time Blues fan.

"So, I take it you're a big Toews and Patrick Kane fan?"

"f*** THEM. I don't care if they're great f*** THEM."

"See how it works?"

I don't expect Knicks, Pacers, Cavs, or Pistons fans to like Jordan. Don't expect me to like Bron Bron.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
Now I have venemous hate because I'm not a James jockrider, lol ok.

LeBron is the best player right now, find somewhere I say otherwise. I just don't get caught up on the hype and I would rather wait until their career is over to judge where they stand among the greats. BTW, 99-2003 Shaq to me was the most dominating NBA player I've ever seen besides MJ. You were probably too young to really appreciate peak O'Neal.

You brought this on yourself and somehow manage to keep digging deeper.

I'm 31. How the f*** is that too young to appreciate peak Diesel? He's one of my favorite players ever.

That's twice now you've just made things up about me in the last 20 minutes - first that I guaranteed the Heat would beat the Spurs when I couldn't even post at that time and now. Hell, I wish I were too young to appreciate peak O'Neal. That'd be awesome to rock my 20's again.

It's time for me to shut you off for the night so I don't get baited into saying something stupid due to your baseless claims that do nothing to back up anything you say. You're the worst type of poster - instead of ever making a valid point you just make things up about people you're "arguing" with, which is just weird.

Also, you have Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer in your signature. Wake the f*** up and change it.