2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)
The gift isn't speculation. Rose's baby mama posted it on her instagram feed and thanked lala. Not sure where the "daughter" came into the equation though. It was a gift from LaLa to Rose's baby mama.

Ohhhh. You said Rose's girl. I took that as his kid

This thread might be the best place to stay up to date on all of the Bulls related drama on the web.

PS: I wasn't around last night but I agree w/Tru & Steve, if the Bulls don't get Melo, and LBJ goes to Cleveland, the Cavs would be the favorites in the East. I do disagree that they would be automatic, however, that would be dependent on what else the Bulls did and what the Pacers could do to get their mental edge back. I think Wizards / Raports get too much love and aren't yet on same level as Bulls / Pacers. I do not think that team, even with Love, would be an automatic NBA champion, as after acquiring Love they would have some depth issues (and we can't play ignorant to Kyrie's health situation), however, that would make them pretty heavy favorites in East. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't realize just how truly great Lebron is and is also underselling the ability of Kyrie.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:10 PM)
Ohhhh. You said Rose's girl. I took that as his kid

That's what I thought. But if LaLa bought a gift for a woman who dumped DRose for cheating on her with a stripper.......is that good or bad for Bulls fans?

Does the picture show the gift? I hope it isn't something to injure DRose again.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 11:15 AM)
That's what I thought. But if LaLa bought a gift for a woman who dumped DRose for cheating on her with a stripper.......is that good or bad for Bulls fans?

Does the picture show the gift? I hope it isn't something to injure DRose again.

It's a bright yellow skirt.

One other aside, I don't think Love would sign an extension in Cleveland so it would be a 1 year deal as well. They'd be better off keeping and trying to develop Wiggins. I really see zero scenario where Kevin Love extends to play in Cleveland. This is a guy trying to get out of Minnesota and yes he wants to play on a contender but he also wants to be in a market. This is a California kid. I figure its back to the west coast or a major city like Boston / LA / Chicago.

If Bulls can't get Lance, they need to ensure they keep all the assets possible and have the ability to get Love (or Marc Gasol). I still think signing Lance makes a lot of sense as his deal should actually pan out pretty well and continue to enable the Bulls to have lots of young assets, either to extend our window and go Spurs style or provide us with the flexibilty / assets needed to acquire other assets. Going forward, if we miss out on Melo, our plan has to shift to being more like the Spurs with one exception, focus on using those assets to be more aggresive in the trade space vs. focusing on FA. Constantly be working to get assets and scout heavily and get talent on this team. Our front office has great scouts and FA is becoming too much of a crap shoot under the terms of the new CBA and with the way players work. It also seems like once someone comes to Chicago, they love it here, so we at least know if we can trade for a guy, we can get them to re-up, etc, and keep him here (so it isn't like we have a Bucks problem ala when Jabari comes to Chicago in a few years).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 11:17 AM)
You know what would suck? If after all this, Melo signs with the Bulls, and then Rose gets hurt again. Talk about a punch to the nuts.

Still a contender, even with DJ Agusitine as your PG. That's why MELO is such a big move for this franchise.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
You know what would suck? If after all this, Melo signs with the Bulls, and then Rose gets hurt again. Talk about a punch to the nuts.

The team would still be good enough to contend. I expect us to sign a PG to the BAE (either Augustin or Sessions) and then still bring Kirk back at the vet min. I can live with that in a worse case scenario with Rose hurt and in a best case scenario, that is a great PG coming off the bench and occasionally allowing Rose to play off the ball.

I believe in Rose though. Modern medicine is good and the kid has a heck of an ethic. This injury is not near as crippling as his last and we already saw similar explosiveness. His problem was rust and that will be solved.

.@CSNBullsInsider says a deal with Mirotic is "almost done." http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-nba-...s-start-falling

If something happens with Mirotic it could put some writing on the wall as it really pushes the, this has to be a S&T for this to happen. However, I'm not surprised Bulls negotiating as most scenarios would have him coming here this year (or being used as an asset to play elsewhere).

The true indicator (outside of an official word from any camp) is if Bulls start making offers to guys like Lance.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
.@CSNBullsInsider says a deal with Mirotic is "almost done." http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/bulls-nba-...s-start-falling

If something happens with Mirotic it could put some writing on the wall as it really pushes the, this has to be a S&T for this to happen. However, I'm not surprised Bulls negotiating as most scenarios would have him coming here this year (or being used as an asset to play elsewhere).

The true indicator (outside of an official word from any camp) is if Bulls start making offers to guys like Lance.

I would like to go on record as being the one breaking the Mirotic to the US story this year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
I would like to go on record as being the one breaking the Mirotic to the US story this year.

You were all over it. Mirotic is a great fit on this squad no matter what. I think the idea of having Pau here would be as a mentor / great back-up at the C position. I still question why we'd give Pau so much money and amnesty Boozer which is why I think the only way we get Pau is through a S&T which nets us a TPE. The key is the Bulls be willing to pay luxury tax / utilize that TPE. This team makes a lot of money and shouldn't be afraid of a

We also are going to have a situation coming up with Butler soon. He's going to get 8-9M a year (if not more) and Bulls can obviously match but it will again push us closer to luxury tax. He will only be a true asset (due to contract) for so much longer.

Note: I am also very high on McBuckets so I think Mirotic and McBuckets are two very nice young assets for our franchise who we won't have to count on early on but can have step-up along the way and ideally help push us over the top in time. I think Dougie Fresh is going to be a pretty good small forward in this league. He just really has a knack for scoring and a lethal shot with a long body a variety of moves that allow him to get off the shot.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)
You were all over it. Mirotic is a great fit on this squad no matter what. I think the idea of having Pau here would be as a mentor / great back-up at the C position. I still question why we'd give Pau so much money and amnesty Boozer which is why I think the only way we get Pau is through a S&T which nets us a TPE. The key is the Bulls be willing to pay luxury tax / utilize that TPE. This team makes a lot of money and shouldn't be afraid of a

We also are going to have a situation coming up with Butler soon. He's going to get 8-9M a year (if not more) and Bulls can obviously match but it will again push us closer to luxury tax. He will only be a true asset (due to contract) for so much longer.

The cynical side of me thinks the only reason we are pursuing Pau is to avoid amnestying Boozer.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)

We, at this point, traded Deng for no reason (I assumed it would be to allow us to go into luxury this offseason).

I don't particularly care about Jimmy anymore, I think his season last year was a major setback and would trade him for an asset like *snap*, but I'd gladly go into luxury tax if this team showed something next year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:27 AM)
The cynical side of me thinks the only reason we are pursuing Pau is to avoid amnestying Boozer.

Nothing wrong with that though. I think that is likely the case. I think there are at least a few scenarios where it makes sense to keep Boozer and just use your exceptions. Then just look at moving Boozer closer to the deadline. Someone will be shedding cap for something and we should be able to buy some picks / assets with the deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:29 AM)
We, at this point, traded Deng for no reason (I assumed it would be to allow us to go into luxury this offseason).

I don't particularly care about Jimmy anymore, I think his season last year was a major setback and would trade him for an asset like *snap*, but I'd gladly go into luxury tax if this team showed something next year.

I think we'll see Jimmy take more steps forward this year. Last year he had a lot of issues making the progress we expected because of his injuries, however, he will make those strides this year. Elite defender with a solid and improving offensive game. Plus I really don't care what the money goes to. He's young and a good piece for us. We aren't going to have a lot of cap space anyway given what we have, so might as well keep these guys around and hope front office pays the tax. Or at the very least, those salaries and solid players allow you to package guys for another big contract potential star.

It isn't like we are talking about the Bulls making NY Nets type luxury tax payments.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:29 PM)
Nothing wrong with that though. I think that is likely the case. I think there are at least a few scenarios where it makes sense to keep Boozer and just use your exceptions. Then just look at moving Boozer closer to the deadline. Someone will be shedding cap for something and we should be able to buy some picks / assets with the deal.

There is something wrong with that IMO if it is chasing a piece that is a more marginal improvement rather than an athletic wing/2nd ballhandler.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
There is something wrong with that IMO if it is chasing a piece that is a more marginal improvement rather than an athletic wing/2nd ballhandler.

The question is can you get Lance. If you can't, that 10M in cap space is kind of limiting because it nets you 1 or two guys. There are scenarios where what we can do with cap space is not as beneficial as what we can just do with MLE (given what we could get by staying over the cap). I've said all along, my plan B is Lance.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
I don't see why Gasol would come here to be a backup center and mentor when he can be a key piece on contending teams. I don't see a late lineup of Noah/Gasol/Taj so one of those has to give. Probably Gasol.

They told him he would be a starter.

This would be a really good team. DRose is going to be fine physically with his last 2 injuries IMO. The only question in my mind is will he be able to stay healthy or is he Ken Griffey Jr., and something new pops up freakishly every season? McBuckets is a lottery pick, every expert you read says Mirotic would have been a lottery pick. Substitute Gasol for Boozer, and just right there they are Conference Finals-worthy. Plus they probably add another piece or small pieces. They may not win a title, and will probably be considered bridesmaids to whichever team LeBron winds up with, but they certainly will be the most entertaining Bulls team, if they stay healthy, since MJ was around.

That said, the jury is still out on Gar/Pax in my mind. Bringing in Pau buys them time if it were my team. But if they can't bring in the big names, they are like the GM version of Bill Carmody. Probably really good at everything else, but if you can't recruit, you're screwed.

Edited by Dick Allen

SAS on his NY station saying that sources tell him "Chicago is a monkey-wrench" in the equation right now. I wonder if we are getting more aggressive or if Melo continues to push a preference one way / trying to see if somehow S&T can happen. Problem is, if Melo feels this way, he'd have leaked strong leans to Chicago, LA, leaving Knicks to really put pressure. Fact that he hasn't done that, makes you wonder (if you wanted the pessimist view). Optimist view says that might be the case he's just being extremely tight lipped right now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
They told him he would be a starter.

This would be a really good team. DRose is going to be fine physically. The only question in my mind is will he be able to stay healthy or is he Ken Griffey Jr., and something new pops up freakishly every season? McBuckets is a lottery pick, every expert you read says Mirotic would have been a lottery pick. Substitute Gasol for Boozer, and just right there they are Conference Finals-worthy. Plus they probably add another piece or small pieces. They may not win a title, and will probably be considered bridesmaids to whichever team LeBron winds up with, but they certainly will be the most entertaining Bulls team, if they stay healthy, since MJ was around.

I think that team could win a title. It is a legit contender. All out favorite, no, but I'd put them as top 5 contenders. To win, It does rely on Rose playing at a near MVP level though (amongst other things), however, I think that is something he is capable of. We just don't know so obviously huge questionmark.