2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:36 PM)
Chris Sheridan who said the announcement would be on the website last night actually thinks everyone else is being fed misinformation even though much of the information he has supposedly been given hasn't come true.

hahaha

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
PHIL TREXLER-ABJ ‏@PhilTrexler 3m

Folks in Bath feel strongly that LBJ will sign w/ CLE. LBJ's camp contacted cops hour ago to alert them of tonight's annoucement. #kingjames

So sounds like we'll be hearing tonight at least.

Unless, of course, that's another lie.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
This thread might be the best place to stay up to date on all of the Bulls related drama on the web.

PS: I wasn't around last night but I agree w/Tru & Steve, if the Bulls don't get Melo, and LBJ goes to Cleveland, the Cavs would be the favorites in the East. I do disagree that they would be automatic, however, that would be dependent on what else the Bulls did and what the Pacers could do to get their mental edge back. I think Wizards / Raports get too much love and aren't yet on same level as Bulls / Pacers. I do not think that team, even with Love, would be an automatic NBA champion, as after acquiring Love they would have some depth issues (and we can't play ignorant to Kyrie's health situation), however, that would make them pretty heavy favorites in East. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't realize just how truly great Lebron is and is also underselling the ability of Kyrie.

Since it was me, and Quinavry to a certain extent, that were arguing with Steve and TRU, I just want to be clear in what I believe. Of course if you put LeBron on the current Cavs team, and if you include Love, that means they most likely won't have Wiggins because I read that the TWolves would ask for Wigs, they would be contenders right away, but I don't believe they would be unbeatable. They would be a very young team with no playoff experience and a coach with zero NBA experience.

When LeBron went to Miami, he had a FMVP in Wade and another All Star player in Bosh, and they were surrounded by vets. The whole thing was supervised by Riley, the situation in Cleveland is a whole lot different. They don't have that kind of championship experience.

That's the reason I said it would take the Cavs a year or two before they become unbeatable if their younger guys mature and turn out to be the players they're projected to be. I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love to be honest, it could be just a rental and I really do think Wiggins is going to be a star in this league. It takes a team to win, the Cavs will flourish with today's greatest player but I'm not buying the notion that they can't be beaten in their first year or two together, especially considering the franchise, coach and youth of their team. Somehow that get's translated as having a venemous hate towards LeBron though when I never even questioned his status of today's greatest player, it's his team and coach I'm questioning. After all, it does take a team effort to win.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
You know that LeBron and Melo are just getting off on this s***.

Not sure. I think they want it to be over but you cant just make a move without doing lots of other people favors with these meetings. LBJ is still scrimmaging in Vegas.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
Not sure. I think they want it to be over but you cant just make a move without doing lots of other people favors with these meetings. LBJ is still scrimmaging in Vegas.

I was thinking Lebron and his team are probably trying to find the biggest buyer for ad space on his website when he announces.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
Since it was me, and Quinavry to a certain extent, that were arguing with Steve and TRU, I just want to be clear in what I believe. Of course if you put LeBron on the current Cavs team, and if you include Love, that means they most likely won't have Wiggins because I read that the TWolves would ask for Wigs, they would be contenders right away, but I don't believe they would be unbeatable. They would be a very young team with no playoff experience and a coach with zero NBA experience.

When LeBron went to Miami, he had a FMVP in Wade and another All Star player in Bosh, and they were surrounded by vets. The whole thing was supervised by Riley, the situation in Cleveland is a whole lot different. They don't have that kind of championship experience.

That's the reason I said it would take the Cavs a year or two before they become unbeatable if their younger guys mature and turn out to be the players they're projected to be. I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love to be honest, it could be just a rental and I really do think Wiggins is going to be a star in this league. It takes a team to win, the Cavs will flourish with today's greatest player but I'm not buying the notion that they can't be beaten in their first year or two together, especially considering the franchise, coach and youth of their team. Somehow that get's translated as having a venemous hate towards LeBron though when I never even questioned his status of today's greatest player, it's his team and coach I'm questioning. After all, it does take a team effort to win.

I agree with everything you said.