6/20 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
Really is great for his overall value that he seems to have developed some plate discipline. Means his relative lack of a hit tool hurts a lot less.

Really is critical for his development. Honestly though, he's having a pretty good season. 7th in the league in OPS entering tonight and most of the guys above him aren't really prospects outside of Joey Gallo. Given how he performed last year, I think season has to be considered a great success even if his numbers aren't eye popping.

Lobstein is a pretty awful name for a pitcher

Also, strange that Heath is doing so well as a starter. I thought they threw him in there just on an emergency basis, but now it seems they want him to stick.

And given Davidson's Dunn-esque K rate, I consider consecutive K-less games a meaningful trend

Edited by Jake

Micker Adolfo makes his debut tonight, batting 6th and playing RF for the AZL White Sox.

Antonio Rodriguez, $400k signing in 2012, homered in his first AB.

Before July 2, the White Sox spent $400,000 to sign Dominican outfielder Antonio Rodriguez in June. Rodriguez only played briefly in the Dominican Summer League, but he was arguably the toolsiest player the White Sox signed in 2012 and has some similarities to Pirates center fielder Gregory Polanco. Rodriguez, who trained with Moreno Tejada (the trainer who also had Miguel Sano), is 6-foot-4, 190 pounds but could stay in center field because of his plus speed and plus arm. With an athletic frame reminiscent of a sprinter, Rodriguez has a chance to retain that speed as he gets stronger. Rodriguez, who is from Hoto Mayor, offers an intriguing power/speed combination as he has shown above-average raw power from the left side. He's advanced enough that he could play in the United States this summer.

Welcome back, Terrance Marin.

7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K

Trey Zewski is just a dude. 2/3, 2 BB. Needs to cut down his K rate though. His K-rate and BB-rates are almost exactly what of Courtney Hawkins this year, but hitting for better average, less power.

Chevy Clarke likes the White Sox org. better I think. 2/5, 2B, HR. Hitting .389.

Patrick Palmiero, 3/5, hitting .545 this week/season.

Also, Bradley Salgado has taken to the mound nicely so far. Tonight he went 3 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 0 R, 7 Ks. Salgado now has 9 K in 4 IP this year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)
Lobstein is a pretty awful name for a pitcher

Also, strange that Heath is doing so well as a starter. I thought they threw him in there just on an emergency basis, but now it seems they want him to stick.

And given Davidson's Dunn-esque K rate, I consider consecutive K-less games a meaningful trend

What would be even funnier would be 1) if he had Tyler Kolek's heater or 2) if he had Takatsu's eephus pitch with a last name like that.

Could just see it in Little League. "Lobstein's just lobbing it in there...why does he keep throwing those meatballs up there?...we want a pitcher, not a belly itcher!!!"

Just want to remind everyone that Micker Adolfo is 17 so temper your expectations. Yes, the Arizona League is built for young players like this, but even with the White Sox being aggressive with prospects Adolfo probably doesn't see full season ball until 2016.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
Also, Bradley Salgado has taken to the mound nicely so far. Tonight he went 3 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 0 R, 7 Ks. Salgado now has 9 K in 4 IP this year.

He hasn't given up a walk yet either which is really impressive for someone transitioning from a position player to a pitcher to have such an early command of the strike zone.

Good to see Jose Barraza back in action. IIRC, he was an over-slot signing we took in the 8th round the same year we drafted Ayala. He missed all of 2013 with an injury, but is still just 19 years old, so he's got plenty of opportunity to make up for lost time. He should be a fun prospect to follow.

Also, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Barraza getting the opening day start over Ayala is pretty telling to me, given that Ayala is a repeater and should be considered the veteran. Purely speculation, but it seems like the organization may not be as high on Ayala as they previously were.