6/21 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 07:23 PM)
I think the Andre Rienzo experiment may be over soon. Erik Surkamp has been pitching pretty good in his last 10 games overall.

I agree with this but I still think Rienzo could be a pretty good late inning reliever.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 11:11 PM)
Looking forward to that next week for the recaps!

It took a while for tonight's box score to be put up for live updates, but I think it finished on time so there's that. Still 9 p.m. Central starts.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 06:23 AM)
who exits when/if rienzo moves to pen?

engel and basto both played in arizona?

jaye got rocked again.

I had high hopes for Jaye coming into the season but he's moving closer to becoming a non-prospect for me.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
I attended a Frontier League game tonight and Blair Walters started for the Joliet Slammers. Pitched into the 9th too, lost it on a walk off.

Just saw that he was cut and not in MILB this year, wouldn't mind signing him, have some success in Indy leagues, even just as org. depth

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 05:23 AM)
who exits when/if rienzo moves to pen?

engel and basto both played in arizona?

jaye got rocked again.

Has to be Carroll.

Although there's a chance they prefer to leave Scott in the long-man role and let Rienzo continue to start in Charlotte.

50/50 decision, could go either way.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
I had high hopes for Jaye coming into the season but he's moving closer to becoming a non-prospect for me.

I feel like he should either be sent down to WS until August-ish and then given another shot in Birmingham as a starter, and then if that doesn't work, have him put on some weight this offseason and move to 'pen for '15

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 03:38 AM)
I'm discovering that info out of the Arizona League is somewhat slow. The team doesn't have a twitter account or personalized website like the other affiliates. It's the old school milb.com layout. The box scores seem to be slow in updating as well. Hmpf

This article gives good insight into the AZL background

http://athletics.scout.com/2/1413302.html

AZL is a NON-REVENUE GENERATING LEAGUE. That statement will answer many questions or suggestions you may have once you arrive. Anything that begins with, “Why don’t they have/do…?” can usually be traced to the fact that this is a non-revenue generating league. If there’s no money coming in (ticket sales, advertising, etc.) there won’t be any money going out. It is a business. Keep that in mind.

The games are not broadcast/ streamed online, nothing. Why? (See above.)

Blanke was moved to Pitcher during the offseason, was working on it in extended ST.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 09:43 PM)
Hawkins with 3 really good games since the ASB

Even before that he had started heating up. As I said a month ago, after his hot start, he was GOING to hit a slump. The key questions were, could he keep the K's under control, and could he bounce back. He's done both. This is exactly the year I wanted to see from him.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 11:26 PM)
I attended a Frontier League game tonight and Blair Walters started for the Joliet Slammers. Pitched into the 9th too, lost it on a walk off.

So who is the next Jacob Sanchez, Mike Recchia or Dan Remenowsky out of the Frontier League?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 22, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)
Heh, this part was my favorite "Restrooms are usually open. If not, ask someone, usually someone on the grounds crew will have a key to unlock."

I had thought you could in fact go to those games. Are they free? Why on earth wouldn't they sell tickets?