Bless our Veterans, WTF is Wrong with America??

greg775

I'm all for firing them as long as that isn't all that's done. Fire the unethical people, certainly, but if that's all you do you're just getting a symbolic gesture while continuing to f*** veterans to whom we've promised more care. We will have to spend money on it, for certain. I wouldn't even be against a voucher program for when legitimate wait times are above a certain amount.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
I'm all for firing them as long as that isn't all that's done. Fire the unethical people, certainly, but if that's all you do you're just getting a symbolic gesture while continuing to f*** veterans to whom we've promised more care. We will have to spend money on it, for certain.

That's the gist of what I was getting at. Getting angry and indignant and firing a bunch of people, many of whom probably deserve it, looks like you're doing something but it won't actually fix anything.

Did both you guys just completely ignore what I wrote? Firing them is the FIRST step. You can't fix it if you don't know what is wrong, because they are lying and covering it up.Then you put someone in there who WANTS to fix things, and doesn't give a s*** what group they piss off in doing so, be it unions or white collar management ( who can be made into ex-management). And then you fix it Fire people, reorganize, close certain buildings if needed. Money should not be the problem. Culture and a too large contingent of people not providing medical care most likely are.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:07 AM)
Did both you guys just completely ignore what I wrote? Firing them is the FIRST step. You can't fix it if you don't know what is wrong, because they are lying and covering it up.Then you put someone in there who WANTS to fix things, and doesn't give a s*** what group they piss off in doing so, be it unions or white collar management ( who can be made into ex-management). And then you fix it Fire people, reorganize, close certain buildings if needed. Money should not be the problem. Culture and a too large contingent of people not providing medical care most likely are.

Money is clearly one of the problems and likely the driving force behind the toxic culture. There's no reason to lie about wait times if you have the resources to accomplish low wait times easily.

There's no order of things. You fire people, you find new leadership, you find new mid-level people, you find new low-level people, you finally fund it, and you come up with contingency plans (vouchers?) during the phase-in of reforms. It doesn't matter what order you do them. Just do them.

Edited by Jake

Maybe there's TOO many religious movies?

1. Grander than the Grand Budapest. Thought “The Grand Budapest Hotel” was the biggest indie movie of the year? While no slouch at $58 million, it was actually beaten out by a couple of movies you may have never heard of: faith-based dramas “Son of God” ($59 million) and “God's Not Dead” ($60 million), as well as animated comedy “The Nut Job” ($64 million).

TriStar Pictures

2. Believing in God trumps believing in ghosts. Faith-based dramas far outgrossed horror movies in 2014 thus far, with “Heaven is For Real” leading the pack with $90 million and “Son of God” and “God's Not Dead” both near the $60 million range. The highest grossing horror movie of the year? “Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones,” which has only made $32 million.