witesoxfan

Worst nickname?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which nickname is worst?

• Blowasavio
    • HoT FiRe
    • wite

I guess my post is more on topic here:

I thought Hot Fire was deemed infinitely forever the worst nickname ever no matter what anyone could come up with. I'm not going to justify it with caps.

Meanwhile Business as Rasual is the best nickname ever from Soxtalk even if it's non baseball related.

I admit I had a hard chuckle over hearing Blowasavio. I like it.

I'd definitely put it in the top quintile of TUC's pantheon of humor attempts this season.

Ronald Taco Belisario doesn't work, because that was Jorge/George Bell's nickname.

Although maybe they could start a promotion with Chicagoland Taco Bells to give out two free tacos for each blown save...or for successfully converting saves...whichever one costs the least in terms of redemptions.

Ring the Belisario is quite lame, since we already had Takatsu's Gong, which was awesome although vaguely racist.

Hell's Belisario?

Jelly Belisario?

Yellow Belisario? (something having to do with the Civil War, when awols/runaway soldiers were termed "yellow bellied" cowards)

Ronald Belisario Dancer

Goggles

DUIsario

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:16 AM)
I thought my Felipe "Soggy Burrito" Paulino would have garnered more hatred, but I threw it out there in a gamethread during a Felipe Paulino start, so no one was paying attention.

El Canon/The Cannon thing isn't really catching on, either.

Hawk has came up with many a great nicknames during his tenure as a sox announcer.

and I enjoyed almost all of them. yessss

oops I made a major mistake, I really thought this was about good nicknames.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
I don't really get the hate for el cañón. We knew it was coming after the Cuban Missile and Tank nicknames, but I guess if you don't like em all then I see the hate.

I think we should stick with the nickname Abreu likes, Pito. I dont hate el cañón, but i dont love it either. I think Hawk is forcefeeding it too much