Gamethread to continue the good feeling of a win

Kyyle23

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:24 PM)
True. At least KC won 3 of 4 in Detroit when KC had to pick up some games over a slumping Tiger team. It's crazy how Detroit is dominant again suddenly.

Just as crazy as 9-20 after 27-12.

Now looking to be 7 in a row, with Kinsler getting his revenge on his former mates, who look to be in full-on sell mode heading into July.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:23 PM)
As soon as the opposition scores the 4th run, the Sox are 9-39 this year. Terrible.

I would expect a stat like that from 2013, when our offense was amongst the worst in the world.

Surely, there's a similar positive number for when our offense scores 5 or 6 runs...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)
I would expect a stat like that from 2013, when our offense was amongst the worst in the world.

Surely, there's a similar positive number for when our offense scores 5 or 6 runs...

When the Sox score 5 or more: 23-9

Also means they only get there about 40% of the time....and since May, this team is basically 2013 on offense.

Edited by flavum

For a little rain delay info....in the 4th innning, Hawk referenced an entertainer by the name of Jackie Price. He said he would shoot balls out of an airgun 200-300 feet in the air, get in his Jeep, ride around, and catch them (I could not verify this FWIW).

The entertainment did not last long, as Jackie Price hanged himself at the age of 54.

My stories are as good as Hawk's, I think.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Red means severe thunderstorms for anyone who doesn't know.

Just throwing that out there in case someone thinks we're actually having a fire delay, it's just rain, it'll be gone soon.

:lol:

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
No reason to blame Putnam.

Considering he faced 2 batters and got them both out, I would hope not.

Hard to blame anyone

Noesi probably shouldn't have started the inning.

hard to blame Downs - he just sucks. Ventura picked a bad time to use him; he didn't use him against Mauer and he beat us.

Edited by GreenSox