6/28 at Blue Jays

flavum

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw replay of Tank's bomb. He's gonna tear somebody's arm off with his celebratory handshakes/slaps. Good to see him excited. When he gets hold of one on rare occasions he really tears into a baseball.

I wonder if his struggles are all mental. What you see appears to be what you get. He tries to hit every pitch out of the park. Eight or nine times he's been successful.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 03:06 PM)
Even sabermetrics agrees with that. High leverage situations.

High leverage situations = runners on base.

The debate is using your best reliever to pitch a 9th with no one on; versus to pitch with 1 out in the 7th with 2 runners on.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 04:15 PM)
Here's one I don't get.

Why PR for Viciedo instead of the lead-runner Dunn?

Well, they already used Ramirez, Sierra could actually take over in the OF to give a defensive improvement, and Konerko is the only other one left on the bench.

Why they waited until the counts as 1-1 is much more confusing to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 03:17 PM)
Well, they already used Ramirez, Sierra could actually take over in the OF to give a defensive improvement, and Konerko is the only other one left on the bench.

Why they waited until the counts as 1-1 is much more confusing to me.

Couldn't they do that anyway? PR for Dunn, and move Viciedo to DH and Sierra to RF?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
Tyler is awful, but how any GM could acquire L. Garcia is beyond me. He is horrible. Keep Tyler the rest of the season but dump Leury now. Sox have done the right thing by dumping Kepp and Downs. Time to dump L. Garcia or send him to the minors where we can forget about him.

Why in the hell would they do that? Leury is a very useful player on the whole. It's because we are a dogs*** team playing a bunch of games that don't matter that Leury doesn't look useful.

A lot of contenders would probably like to have him, especially NL teams, they just wouldn't give up a ton for him. You could trade him for a RP maybe but I really don't see the point. You could always acquire relievers, often completely for free giving up nothing via FA, MiLB FA, waivers, etc. Leury isn't the reason we suck.