7/1 Games

flavum

Finally Davidson shows up this season as a prospect again and 2 of our best 5 prospects (Montas/Anderson) both go down almost simultaneously.

Sigh.

What really sucks was how good both of them were going...would have been fun to see what they could accomplish in the last 2 months of the season and playoffs.

Well, maybe Anderson will be in the AFL. What's the prognosis with Montas? Minor injury or ACL/MCL repair?

Btw, say Tyler Kolek has made his debut in the Gulf Coast League 2 IP, 2 H, BB, K.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
When does Taylor come up for Sierra?

When they decide that the risk/reward of losing Sierra is less than the benefit of playing Taylor...and unless they trade/bench DeAza or Viciedo, which is even more unlikely, or Eaton gets injured again, there's not regular playing time for him anyway, just platoon AB's at best.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)
Yea that's definitely minor NSS. :lol: Just a terrible year for our Org in terms of injuries to important players. (minors and majors)

I so wish I could give more background here, but I can't. The only information we got that could be disseminated was that it was a wrist injury, and minor enough that he was kept day-to-day. This update tells me they likely didn't know it was a fracture until later.

Merkin wrote that it happened on a HBP, a number of games before he stopped playing.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Michalczewski- double, hr

A switch hitting 3B that's hits for average and power? Yes, please.

Hope the next three years are good to him and the Sox.

Good signs early, but it's still Low-A. I'll be more excited when he's doing this for W-S and Birmingham. I do like the prospects of him though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 08:05 AM)
I so wish I could give more background here, but I can't. The only information we got that could be disseminated was that it was a wrist injury, and minor enough that he was kept day-to-day. This update tells me they likely didn't know it was a fracture until later.

Merkin wrote that it happened on a HBP, a number of games before he stopped playing.

This is likely one of those things that, when he got hit, he didn't think anything of it. You roll an ankle or land on a wrist or anything and a lot of times, it's not sore till the next day and really, it doesn't feel that bad. Then you start playing on it and it progressively gets more sore or swollen (or it was swollen to begin with) and then decide that it may be a good thing to get it checked out and BAM, out 4-6 weeks.