7/1 Games

flavum

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
Good signs early, but it's still Low-A. I'll be more excited when he's doing this for W-S and Birmingham. I do like the prospects of him though.

This is likely one of those things that, when he got hit, he didn't think anything of it. You roll an ankle or land on a wrist or anything and a lot of times, it's not sore till the next day and really, it doesn't feel that bad. Then you start playing on it and it progressively gets more sore or swollen (or it was swollen to begin with) and then decide that it may be a good thing to get it checked out and BAM, out 4-6 weeks.

Trey is performing really well for his age appropriate level. Obviously replicating success at a level closer to the majors is more impressive, but there is no harm in moving him up a level every year.

The positive about Andersons injury is that he will have time to get back out there this season and perhaps focus more on working counts than his power stroke.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 08:50 AM)
Trey is performing really well for his age appropriate level. Obviously replicating success at a level closer to the majors is more impressive, but there is no harm in moving him up a level every year.

The positive about Andersons injury is that he will have time to get back out there this season and perhaps focus more on working counts than his power stroke.

I agree completely with both of these.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
Good signs early, but it's still Low-A. I'll be more excited when he's doing this for W-S and Birmingham. I do like the prospects of him though.

This is likely one of those things that, when he got hit, he didn't think anything of it. You roll an ankle or land on a wrist or anything and a lot of times, it's not sore till the next day and really, it doesn't feel that bad. Then you start playing on it and it progressively gets more sore or swollen (or it was swollen to begin with) and then decide that it may be a good thing to get it checked out and BAM, out 4-6 weeks.

Trey is at the age appropriate level though. I think he's only 18 right, or just 19? It's promising. Hopefully, he sustains it as he moves on to higher levels of the org.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 09:12 AM)
Trey is at the age appropriate level though. I think he's only 18 right, or just 19? It's promising. Hopefully, he sustains it as he moves on to higher levels of the org.

Like I said, I agree that it's good, but it's still low A. It's a very good thing. I just want to see more of it as he moves up, and it will be at that point when I will begin to more seriously consider him a possible starter down the line (not that I don't already).

Everything Trey has done this year is good.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
Like I said, I agree that it's good, but it's still low A. It's a very good thing. I just want to see more of it as he moves up, and it will be at that point when I will begin to more seriously consider him a possible starter down the line (not that I don't already).

Everything Trey has done this year is good.

It's *gasp* quality depth at the lower levels of our system!