7/2 Games

royoung

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
Trey is 1-2 with a 2B so far. Since June 1st, he has 7 HR and is hitting .340. He has gotten better every single month this season. If he can cut down on those K's significantly in July, I'd be for a promotion to W-S.

Without a doubt, my favorite prospect in the system.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
Mitchell with another homer, that demotion must've really rustled his jimmies.

He also threw out a runner at 3rd for the assist. This has to be his best single day as a pro, by far.

Henry Rodriguez walks the first two guys he faces, moves them to 2nd and 3rd with a wild pitch, gets a strikeout, walks the next guy to load the bases and gives up the game-losing single. I know it's a reclamation project and all that, but I'm sort of like what's the point, dude's always walked way too many and has taken it into overdrive this year - over 50 walks in a little over 30 innings.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 03:59 AM)
Henry Rodriguez walks the first two guys he faces, moves them to 2nd and 3rd with a wild pitch, gets a strikeout, walks the next guy to load the bases and gives up the game-losing single. I know it's a reclamation project and all that, but I'm sort of like what's the point, dude's always walked way too many and has taken it into overdrive this year - over 50 walks in a little over 30 innings.

It's stunning how bad the relief options have been in Charlotte since Petricka/Putnam were promoted. The poor catcher has to deal with Cleto and Rodriguez now, and it's not like Veal has pinpoint command.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
It's stunning how bad the relief options have been in Charlotte since Petricka/Putnam were promoted. The poor catcher has to deal with Cleto and Rodriguez now, and it's not like Veal has pinpoint command.

It may be one of the worst bullpens of all time. Every time I look at a Charlotte box score from left to right it looks like someone who vaguely knows how to count trying to count to 10.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)

Sox trying to catch lightning in a bottle with good stuff. I like the strategy actually. It's AAA, who cares if they blow games.

No sure, I get the concept, I've been fine with pretty much every lightning bolt they've tried to catch, just saying that this guy is absolutely broken. When you're walking way more guys than Maikel Cleto, you're pretty much boned.

(And maybe a part of me feels guilty that the Knights lead MiLB in attendance and they're being subjected to this :P)

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 2, 2014 -> 10:33 PM)
Video of the Hawkins play that hurt him

http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=34252107

Great effort, but man...

Very, very nice catch. I guess the good news is that he walked off the field by himself, without any help, and he threw the ball back in too. He didn't appear to be limping or favoring anything. Hopefully just bruised from hitting the little half fence.

Davidson finally made it back to a respectable 700 OPS...at .206 now and rising.

OTOH, the debate can start about the White Sox "ruining" Marcus Semien. .181, 637 OPS, 22 K's in 105 AB's (he does have 15 walks at least, that's returning to normal, correlating with his previous minor league numbers).

Nope.

Semien's K rate is right around 18%, only slightly higher than last year's AAA time for him. His BB rate has gone up.

Hate to harp on BABIP but if you are carrying a .197 BABIP in over 100 PA and show decent power, you know whats up.

Semien will be ok, he just was clearly not MLB ready at the beginning of the season.

http://www.chicagonow.com/future-sox/2014/...-like-its-2009/

Recap posted. There is a lot of exciting things going on! They didn't make the hot list, but Micker Adolfo hit his first professional home run and fellow international signee Luis Martinez did not allowed an earned run over five innings and struck out seven.