Hawkins to DL

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 11:13 AM)
I'm trying to figure out if that is a preferred injury or not. Obviously you never want to mess with the brain, but it shouldn't hinder any baseball skills, right?

Justin Morneau went from the most feared hitter in the AL to almost out of the game to finally recovering this season in Colorado...but how often do you hear his name referred to like it was 5-7 years ago?

Didn't Fernando Vina also have concussions after he got run over by Albert Belle?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
Justin Morneau went from the most feared hitter in the AL to almost out of the game to finally recovering this season in Colorado...but how often do you hear his name referred to like it was 5-7 years ago?

Didn't Fernando Vina also have concussions after he got run over by Albert Belle?

I'm guessing this was Hawkins' first concussion. While it's true that only one can mess you up, 99.9% of the time you're fine so long as you let it recover.

Morneau had 100 when he was in hockey as a teen. That number isn't exactly, but it's a number that is not in binary code.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 11:28 AM)
I'm guessing this was Hawkins' first concussion. While it's true that only one can mess you up, 99.9% of the time you're fine so long as you let it recover.

Morneau had 100 when he was in hockey as a teen. That number isn't exactly, but it's a number that is not in binary code.

Knew that Morneau played hockey, just hadn't heard that number before.

Guess it didn't affect Tom Glavine as much, or he was simply lucky not to get plunked too often in the head when batting or injured on the basepaths like Morneau.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
Knew that Morneau played hockey, just hadn't heard that number before.

Guess it didn't affect Tom Glavine as much, or he was simply lucky not to get plunked too often in the head when batting or injured on the basepaths like Morneau.

100 was hyperbole, as I'm pretty sure someone with 100 true blue concussions would probably be dead. Hockey is a violent game though. Koskie played hockey too and his career ended via concussion as well.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 12:28 PM)

The other thing to look at is vision problems. These can change it as well.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 3, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)

Justin Morneau was the most feared hitter in the AL?