Teams Interested in Viciedo

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
Correct, between the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Thanks. I'd like to accumulate some of those. If we could get something like that for Becks, it would be worth eating some salary. Again, I don't think anyone would and I'm too lazy to look up who all won the competitive balance picks and whether they even have a need at 2B.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Thanks. I'd like to accumulate some of those. If we could get something like that for Becks, it would be worth eating some salary. Again, I don't think anyone would and I'm too lazy to look up who all won the competitive balance picks and whether they even have a need at 2B.

For Viciedo, I could see the cost-benefit analysis fitting. At the very least, you are getting what amounts to be a fairly average hitter with big upside who is still cost controlled for a few years. For Beckham, a guy who has hit worse this year and is a free agent after next year (and likely will be after this year if/when he's non-tendered), I don't see it being worthwhile.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
For Viciedo, I could see the cost-benefit analysis fitting. At the very least, you are getting what amounts to be a fairly average hitter with big upside who is still cost controlled for a few years. For Beckham, a guy who has hit worse this year and is a free agent after next year (and likely will be after this year if/when he's non-tendered), I don't see it being worthwhile.

The Borass factor kind of minimizes a lot of that potential for excess value. His clients either hit FA or sign FA market value extensions.

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 02:03 PM)
Mariners acquire Kendry Morales, give up Stephen Pryor: http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/mari...ys-morales.html

Seems to effectively eliminate possibility of Viciedo going to SEA.

Either Jack Z is crazy or he really believes that only left handed hitters can have success at SafeCo.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 24, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Most of the time

I think we cam also eliminate Boston as a destination for Viciedo. They just lost 3 straight to Jays so I doubt they will trade for an outfielder now.