Teams Interested in Viciedo

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
Yeah, I still think the Mariners would be the best fit for Viciedo.

I personally think of change of scenery deal with Domonic Brown makes a lot of sense. Sox are going to need some LH power after Dunn leaves in the off-season. Brown is a year older and both are due for FA in 2018.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
I personally think of change of scenery deal with Domonic Brown makes a lot of sense. Sox are going to need some LH power after Dunn leaves in the off-season. Brown is a year older and both are due for FA in 2018.

Am i crazy to think that Wilkins should be brought up since he's having a good year, so that even if they don't trade Dunn, he could platoon with Dunn the rest of the year, just to give Wilkins his cup of coffee?

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
Am i crazy to think that Wilkins should be brought up since he's having a good year, so that even if they don't trade Dunn, he could platoon with Dunn the rest of the year, just to give Wilkins his cup of coffee?

So you want 4 1B/DH's on the team?? Not happening

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
So you want 4 1B/DH's on the team?? Not happening

I'd just wait till September and let him have the whole month, and if Dunn is still on the roster than so be it, there'd be 4 DH/1B

Wilkins can be given a shot after Dunn is dealt, help limit some of the wear on Abreu by playing in the field everyday since he is used to a 90 game season. But short of that, I don't see him getting a shot this year.

Platooning a lefty with a lefty seems rather silly.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:44 PM)
Platooning a lefty with a lefty seems rather silly.

But they wouldn't be platooned for handedness, they would be platooned to give Wilkins a shot especially since Dunn is gone after the year. I get it, after Dunn is gone, but if he's on the roster come September what's the point of him playing everyday? might as well give his spot to see a sample of Wilkins.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)

That's interesting idea but Brown is a worse defender than Viciedo I believe.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)

The problem with this is that at each of the last 2 levels, Wilkins has been a slow starter. It might be nice to get him a few at bats but we'd have to expect nothing from them and judge nothing from them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 02:00 PM)
But of course, that spot would in theory be easier to fill than a corner OF spot.

It depends what happens with the two Cubans, the Sox are said to have interest in Rusney Castillo, which would push Eaton to a corner, but there is also Yasmani Tomas, a 23 year old corner outfielder with 70 power.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 03:07 PM)
It depends what happens with the two Cubans, the Sox are said to have interest in Rusney Castillo, which would push Eaton to a corner, but there is also Yasmani Tomas, a 23 year old corner outfielder with 70 power.

Eaton has been quite solid in CF this year defensively so there's no legit reason to push him to the side as of now.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 02:07 PM)

Sign them both

There is no need for the Sox to make any trade before the July 31st deadline. Evaluate after the season is over and see what happens over winter. No need to rush things. Plus the way some folks think here w might as well just give everyone up if they are in line to make a few million dollars and we don't even want anyone in return

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
There is no need for the Sox to make any trade before the July 31st deadline. Evaluate after the season is over and see what happens over winter. No need to rush things. Plus the way some folks think here w might as well just give everyone up if they are in line to make a few million dollars and we don't even want anyone in return

it is entirely believable that there will be places where the Sox will get their best offers for guys at the trade deadline this year when they can contribute to the pennant race this year.

Furthermore, for guys like Beckham, De Aza, and Dunn, who will not be here next year, they should be moved just so that there can be some return for them and to get playing time for random people lower on the list than them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
it is entirely believable that there will be places where the Sox will get their best offers for guys at the trade deadline this year when they can contribute to the pennant race this year.

Furthermore, for guys like Beckham, De Aza, and Dunn, who will not be here next year, they should be moved just so that there can be some return for them and to get playing time for random people lower on the list than them.

Barney just got cut. I really think anyone thinking we'll get anything all that interesting for Becks is delusional but I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
Eaton has been quite solid in CF this year defensively so there's no legit reason to push him to the side as of now.

No, not as of now, but if they sign Castillo, there does become a reason as Castillo is viewed as a plus defender in CF.

Beckham and Viciedo have had such miserable seasons that we won't get anything for them; neither will bring that "need a hitter for the pennant race" surplus.

This is the only time to trade Dunn.

Danks and Alexei should bring that "needed for pennant race" surplus because they are actually producing.

And I don't think that trading both or either will cause this team to tank the last 2 months.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 12:35 PM)
Mariners got a competitive balance pick in Round B so that could be used in trade talks as well. I would love to acquire that and a prospect for Viciedo.

What is round B? Is that like in between 1st and 2nd or in between 2nd and 3rd or something?