Open for Business

Chisoxfn

Note: Mega threads is not the goal of this. If a thread warrants new information or new team rumors, lets put it in its own title so it is called out and easily viewed by new members. Plus, as wite said, I make millions for every new thread ;)

And by millions...we really mean $0. LOL.

Since this doesn't really fit anywhere else, I'll add it here.

I wonder if Hahn has a few deals agreed upon already, contingent on what the Sox do in the next 10 days or so. Like maybe he said "Yeah, we will give you Alexei for A, B, and C if end up 10 games back by next Saturday" Or something. I'm sure that wouldn't make the other GM very happy to have to wait on an asset they may want right now, but I would have to think Hahn is really conflicted on whether he should sell off some parts now, or wait this out and add a reliever or two instead.

The problem is that going after "sure" guys like Huston Street or Soria will cost you an arm and a leg.

They're going to be asking for Anderson/Hawkins/Montas...others for Davidson or Semien (buying low)/Micah/Danish/Trey/Ravelo, etc.

Nobody's going to want our best trade chip in Alexei Ramirez while in rebuilding mode, and the Rangers already have 3 middle infielders among their top prospects, as well as a strong and growing desire to dump Andrus' salary.

I could see Hahn MAYBE being willing to look at this second group, but a discussion of the first three should be off the table unless you could keep them beyond 2014.

Trading for more middle relievers/set-up guys isn't going to solve the 9th inning problem. It's either a more reliable, veteran closer or there's no point at all in making a move.

Edited by caulfield12

General question regarding trade deadline sellers. Does anyone EVER recall in recent baseball history if a team that was a seller, UNEXPECTEDLY got things turned around with the players that they aquired after their dump......................and went on to benefit them to the point of reaching the playoffs? Was just wondering if after salary dumps and trades...........if the new group had ever jelled so quickly and played so well that they actually made the team in contention from July 31 to end of year with strong possibility of post season play? Was just wondering if it had EVER been done before.