7/7 Games

fathom

If Conor goes down, a large part of me wants Davidson up. However, I can imagine they might want to let him keep working down there since he's just started to turn around.

I have the most interest otherwise in seeing Carlos Sanchez. He is not getting much love despite doing pretty well at a level where he remains one of the youngest players at a premium position and now showing flashes of power

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:33 PM)
Something I hadn't realized before until checking out his stats, but this is Jordan Danks' 5th season in Charlotte. You don't see that too often with the same organization.

Check out Zaleski's stats

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm ready to see him get called up a level.....Though at just 19 I can see him sticking there for a bit.

Part of me agrees with you, but I also want to see the Sox show some patience for once.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 10:57 PM)
Ravelo is the most intriguing prospect in the system to me. Dude just hits. takes his walks. Doesn't whiff much.

power seems to be the only missing component.

Also props to Sox pitchers. Addison russell 0-9 in two games against the Barons.

And the kid is just 22 years old. There's still reason to hope that power will come. Having said that, I wonder if there have been any internal discussions on trying him out in LF. His hit tool and plate discipline project extremely well, it would really suck to lose out on his skillset in the event he's strictly viewed as a 1B and the power doesn't develop.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 08:59 PM)
Saladino is the most deserving in Charlotte, although Davidson's heating up....you'd prefer to give him at least another month to prove that his improvements are sticking.

Semien is struggling still and Micah Johnson just doesn't have enough experience yet at that level. Plus, we've already watched one guy struggle with a quick promotion to Chicago.

I'd like to see Saladino brought up if Beckham gets traded. He's been our best minor league player (non-pitcher). I'd say Danks should come up if Dunn is traded. Let Tank do more DHing.

If Davidson ever actually puts a decent month together give him a September call up. Sanchez too, maybe Micah.

So a month or so ago I believe NorthSide posted that what Trey was doing was good but not breakthrough.

With his recent power, do people think he is ahead of development? What are things he needs to continue to show before moving to WS?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 09:25 PM)
If Conor goes down, a large part of me wants Davidson up. However, I can imagine they might want to let him keep working down there since he's just started to turn around.

I have the most interest otherwise in seeing Carlos Sanchez. He is not getting much love despite doing pretty well at a level where he remains one of the youngest players at a premium position and now showing flashes of power

Check out Zaleski's stats

So in one thread you blast the White Sox for "rushing" Mitchell, mentioning his k-rate. Davidson has a 31% k-rate and a .200 batting average and you want to see him up. This doesn't make any sense.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:31 AM)
So a month or so ago I believe NorthSide posted that what Trey was doing was good but not breakthrough.

With his recent power, do people think he is ahead of development? What are things he needs to continue to show before moving to WS?

I don't think that was me. I think Trey is having a break-through season, though I'd agree that at his age and experience, you do have to be somewhat careful with assumptions. The age thing cuts both ways - it makes his performance in full-season ball all the more impressive, but we don't want to get the idea that means he's ready to go rocketing up the system either. His defense, for one thing, needs significant work.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
So in one thread you blast the White Sox for "rushing" Mitchell, mentioning his k-rate. Davidson has a 31% k-rate and a .200 batting average and you want to see him up. This doesn't make any sense.

If you accept that the start of this season was an aberration for him and his June performance, which is much more in line with his career numbers, is him, then I would start being willing to see him up in August. Depends on what he does for July of course.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
If you accept that the start of this season was an aberration for him and his June performance, which is much more in line with his career numbers, is him, then I would start being willing to see him up in August. Depends on what he does for July of course.

And his June numbers still are pretty similar to the year Mitchell had in AA when he was supposedly "rushed" to AAA. Davidson should finish out the minor league season, then see if he is worthy of a September call up.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 11:36 AM)
And his June numbers still are pretty similar to the year Mitchell had in AA when he was supposedly "rushed" to AAA. Davidson should finish out the minor league season, then see if he is worthy of a September call up.

Personally I don't have much of a problem with the way Mitchell was handled because I think the injury made it virtually impossible for him to recover, so I'm not going to complain there.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)

Other than the leading the league in homers part. Aren't Davidsons doubles and homers numbers about the same as his minor league career still?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)

Ding ding ding. I don't see his start to the year as a logical part of his development and I think what we've seen lately is more like the real guy. Remember, Jared Mitchell hadn't been productive with a serviceable contact rate in AAA and MLB before he was promoted. Davidson has conquered every minor league level. It isn't a matter of his development at this point, but rather whether he has snapped out of his slump.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
Ding ding ding. I don't see his start to the year as a logical part of his development and I think what we've seen lately is more like the real guy. Remember, Jared Mitchell hadn't been productive with a serviceable contact rate in AAA and MLB before he was promoted. Davidson has conquered every minor league level. It isn't a matter of his development at this point, but rather whether he has snapped out of his slump.

So a guy on July 8th hitting .200 with 101 strikeouts has conquered AAA.

I realize the Sox minor league system has been weak, but this shows just how bad it is.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)

I realize the Sox minor league system has been weak, but this shows just how bad it is.

yep, and his numbers were inflated playing in a hitter's paradise last year in the PCL.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)

Oh come on. You are taking one partial sentence from his post where he obviously meant something else and then turning into a parade of horribles. This is not discussion.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
Oh come on. You are taking one partial sentence from his post where he obviously meant something else and then turning into a parade of horribles. This is not discussion.

What else did he mean? He said the guy already conquered AAA, he is just in a slump. He said he is so advanced he cannot develop anymore at the minor league level.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:17 PM)
What else did he mean? He said the guy already conquered AAA, he is just in a slump. He said he is so advanced he cannot develop anymore at the minor league level.

No, he said he'd conquered every minor league level. Literally that would mean AAA, yes. But if you actually read the rest of his post, it's clear he understands that does not include AAA, at least not this year.

This sort of nit-picking of posts degrades the conversation and is frustrating.