GAME THREAD 7/8: SOX @ BOS

90 pitches already.

Belisario up.

White Sox had that golden opportunity to blow the game wide open early and Viciedo, DeAza and Flowers couldn't get it done. Knew that was going to come back to bite them somehow at Fenway.

Danks throwing more change-ups than fastballs, seemingly.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:54 PM)
BTW, why in the hell is Flowers starting with Danks on the mound? Even if he was playing decently, it seems like they've played Flowers way too often this year.

Because the best Hahn could come up with was a catcher who COULD be starting in Birmingham.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Hard to tell, but could De Aza have caught Napoli's double? I couldn't tell where it hit off the monster.

Don't think so. Eaton had the worse misplay that inning, but it was kind of made academic by Pedroia's double.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:02 PM)
This line-up is so weird. Our coldest hitter still hitting 2nd. Tyler still playing everyday. Our hottest hitter, Viciedo, hitting 7th.

Obviously batting Conor 7th took the pressure of him and allowed his awesome performance today. Robin is a Zen master.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:09 PM)
If you are talking about Conor, he is batting 6th tonight

Ah yes, at this point I am box score following the season and switched him and tank for some reason, I'm usually still at work anyways when the games are on (west coast) so less anger bubbles up in me (and to my customers) when I simply watch it unfold on the box score.