7/8 Games

GGajewski18

Unfortunately, as it stands now, Chris Beck sure looks a lot like Charlie Shirek: Fastball that can reach mid-90's, heavily sinker-reliant with good ground ball rates, questionable secondary stuff, decent control but low K totals.

Now, that said, Beck still has a higher ceiling than Shirek did. Beck is much bigger and stronger, able to hold velocity late in games, and Beck does have one breaker that has previously been marked as potentially plus. So Beck still sits higher in rankings in my book. But for now, Shirek is a good performance comp, unfortunately.

Also, have to fully disagree with caufield here.

First, the system looks better now than it did just a few months ago, purely on some key guys improving. And that is reflected in the fact that after very slow starts, all four full-season affiliates are starting the second half as contenders in their divisions (if not in 1st place). That's even with injuries to guys like Anderson, Hawkins and Montas. Plenty of interesting bats showing well lately.

As for Angel Sanchez being the 2nd best pitching prospect in the minors, I'm going to have to go with... LOL. The system does seriously lack pitching talent depth, no doubt about that. But I could easily list 10 arms more interesting to me than Sanchez right now.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
Also, have to fully disagree with caufield here.

First, the system looks better now than it did just a few months ago, purely on some key guys improving. And that is reflected in the fact that after very slow starts, all four full-season affiliates are starting the second half as contenders in their divisions (if not in 1st place). That's even with injuries to guys like Anderson, Hawkins and Montas. Plenty of interesting bats showing well lately.

As for Angel Sanchez being the 2nd best pitching prospect in the minors, I'm going to have to go with... LOL. The system does seriously lack pitching talent depth, no doubt about that. But I could easily list 10 arms more interesting to me than Sanchez right now.

let me add, I went and look at the past "2013 top 20 prospect" in the future sox ranking, compared it to what the sox

have now, it is a vast improvement. the sox add some good to very good draft picks, pick up some good int prospects,

and the system is looking vey good.

the majors look surprisingly very good with the addition of Jose A. now with the trading season approaching, and

if a good deal is there, I wouldn't be surprise if the sox doesn't get better.

Another hit for Micker is very good to see. I know that he dosent have the greatest batting average but keep in mind that gets a 17 year old playing with guys 2 to 4 years older than him. When judging and evaluating him as a prospect don't put too much on his numbers at the plate. I think that he ends the year as a top 10 prospect for the Sox.