Road to .500 by the All-Star break

Buehrle>Wood

3 games under, 5 to play.

Wednesday: Sale vs TBA?- Chalk this up as a win. Boston doesn't look like they are trying in the least bit.

Thursday: Quintana vs Lester- Lester has been beastly this year but it's clear the offense behind him doesn't care again. Another W.

Friday: Noesi vs Kluber?- probably lose this one. :(

Saturday: Carroll vs Masterson?- Masterson has been nothing short of horrific this year. Carroll has been better but we'll call it a tossup.

Sunday: Danks vs Bauer?- Bauer sucks. Danks has been better. Easy W.

There you have it. The jinx of all jinx threads. 4-1 and back to .500.

Then when we get back we get to sweep Houston at home 3 games. Then we are in the thick of it...As well as screwing ourselves over for the trade deadline.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
3 games under, 5 to play.

Wednesday: Sale vs TBA?- Chalk this up as a win. Boston doesn't look like they are trying in the least bit.

Thursday: Quintana vs Lester- Lester has been beastly this year but it's clear the offense behind him doesn't care again. Another W.

Friday: Noesi vs Kluber?- probably lose this one. :(

Saturday: Carroll vs Masterson?- Masterson has been nothing short of horrific this year. Carroll has been better but we'll call it a tossup.

Sunday: Danks vs Bauer?- Bauer sucks. Danks has been better. Easy W.

There you have it. The jinx of all jinx threads. 4-1 and back to .500.

Then when we get back we get to sweep Houston at home 3 games. Then we are in the thick of it...As well as screwing ourselves over for the trade deadline.

Masterson on the DL

You mean the road to the 14th-18th draft pick in the 1st round....?

I'd rather they were 10 games under .500, improved the team with the best trades for prospects at the deadline and all the key players for next season were completely healthy/successful in Abreu, Sale, Quintana, Eaton and Avisail.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)

I'd rather they were 10 games under .500, improved the team with the best trades for prospects at the deadline and all the key players for next season were completely healthy/successful in Abreu, Sale, Quintana, Eaton and Avisail.

Caulfield you really should be a a Cubs fan. Their philosophy is perfect for you.

Wow I'm a dumbass, I literally sat and watched the entire game too. Guess that's what happens when you're drinking and multitasking. Definitely watched that home run and double though.

::facepalm::

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:38 PM)

While I was pretty much rooting for losses a week ago, 7.5 GB of Detroit is kind of enticing. I really have no idea what to root for at this point, I'm just enjoying individual player success and not really caring either way yet about the outcome.

This is like a 75 to 82 win team. That's pretty damn good considering where they were last year. Hell, with a healthy Avi this might be an 86 win team. I think we should be giving the FO quite a bit of credit for turning this thing around.

We have cleared out a s***-ton of dead wood and yea it's obviously not a great team, but it's a team that on a cost per WAR basis is probably twice as good as last year. It's harder of course to find marginal wins once you're already a decent club, but hey this is progress.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
Just keep winning.. 5.5 back from WC

Seattle, Toronto, KC, New York, Cleveland are in front of us..

Seattle's going to be a tough one to knock off

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 09:41 PM)
Caulfield you really should be a a Cubs fan. Their philosophy is perfect for you.

The White Sox are the ones with this philosophy, not me.

If we had a closer and a catcher, we'd legitimately have a shot at the Wild Card, even without Avisail Garcia.

Instead, we continue to trot out the worst position player in the MLB on an almost everyday basis with no back-up plan in sight.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:39 AM)
Seattle's going to be a tough one to knock off

No way, they are playing far above their heads. Now, you don't not get credit for games you've already one, but going forward they have the look more of a .500 team than a .550 team.

The Sox aren't going to win the division without Noesi and Danks turning into Glavine and Maddox but I don't really think the Mariners are that much better than Chicago.

The problem is that when you're 3 under .500 no matter how close to the top of the wild card you are, you're also that close to the bottom. There are a lot of teams "to catch" and other than winning like 45 of their next 71 (or better) the Sox aren't likely to win enough to make it.

Historically, a couple teams or more almost always win 85 or more and don't make the traditional playoffs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 01:48 AM)
Especially if we trade Viciedo for Erasmo Ramirez or Maurer, lol.

Maurer for Viciedo would be such an amazing trade. Under Coop, Maurer could blossom into a solid 3rd starter, maybe even solid 2. His floor is middle reliever but whatever you trust in your staff.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)

It's the same failed argument from last season.

TPSM = Carlos Rodon and many other nice picks

I'd rather have TPSM v 2.0 than a .500 season.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 10:26 PM)
Just keep winning.. 5.5 back from WC

Seattle, Toronto, KC, New York, Cleveland are in front of us..

I am the antithesis of "don't stop believin"