7/9 Games

flavum

Johnson doesn't have to be hurt to get some time off.

Does anyone know if there's any chance they're doing some short-term loss/long-term gain kind of stuff, having him focus on some mechanical thing or working on a particular pitch? Has anyone commented on the pitching style he's used in AAA?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
His K rate has remained low throughout his little stallout, so I'm not worried

Even with today's 2 strikeout game, Davidson has struck out only 18% this month. Compare that to 27% in June, 29% in May, and 40% in April.

And since the magical June 16th date.....

21 G, .262 AVG, 6 HR, 12 RBI, 11 BB, 18 K, which pencils out to a 19.5% K-rate, which is absolutely fine for a power hitter.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
Even with today's 2 strikeout game, Davidson has struck out only 18% this month. Compare that to 27% in June, 29% in May, and 40% in April.

And since the magical June 16th date.....

21 G, .262 AVG, 6 HR, 12 RBI, 11 BB, 18 K, which pencils out to a 19.5% K-rate, which is absolutely fine for a power hitter.

This is all pretty much what I expected from him entering the season - this is how I would hope his MLB numbers look (not that I mind them looking better)

Man, Andy Wilkins is white hot. For a guy who tended to put up boring season statlines, he has been tremendously streaky since his initial callup to AAA last year.

Also, how long before Taylor Thompson gets the call to MLB?

Man, something is seriously wrong with EJ. Just give him a break or something, he needs to clear his head.

Also, I hate to say Balta and I called it but Marcus really needed to go to AAA before the MLB. The impressive thing is that he's kept his OBP up.

Rondon had two hits for the Dash.

I think most White Sox fans were leery about Marcus Semien simply because he was never really on the "top prospect" radar until last year 100% and we generally never trust the front office to develop a position player anyway (for good reason)...

It's the back-up QB syndrome here...most of the Marcus love was actually Beckham frustration/apathy in disguise.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
Marcus is fine.

.206/.315/.373 line and that's greatly affected by a BABIP in the .220s.

Big thing we should be looking for and we've got is an improvement in his BB:K ratio more in line with what he did at AA last year.

Completely agree. I still think he's the guy called up if Beckham is traded.