GAME THREAD 7/9: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
The game against the Angels he escaped a jam in the 7th and the let two guys come on in the 8th.

You guys are being deliberately obtuse or you're as slow as Robin.

He gave up a couple of soft hits. Kimd of like the double you pointed out tonight. The bottom line is he left with a 4 run lead with 4 outs to go after 107 pitches. If your bullpen can't hold that, he would have to throw 130 pitches anyway and I am sure Robin would be an idiot for letting him do that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)
Because he gave up a hard hit ball to the third baseman?

You're on f***ing crack, dude

Two hard hit balls in the 7th. Man, you really must f***in hate Robin, good god.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 01:57 AM)
Bulls*** right back at you. Petricka has been awesome this year.

To me, the best chance for a Red Sox rally that inning was getting Sale out of the game. If their #3 hitter wasn't a lefty, I wouldn't have had an issue with pulling Sale.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
He gave up a couple of soft hits. Kimd of like the double you pointed out tonight. The bottom line is he left with a 4 run lead with 4 outs to go after 107 pitches. If your bullpen can't hold that, he would have to throw 130 pitches anyway and I am sure Robin would be an idiot for letting him do that.

I would have completely understood if he brought in Petricka to start the 9th.

But these matchup plays he's going with lately against good opposing hitters instead of sticking with what's working is just over managing.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)
Two hard hit balls in the 7th. Man, you really must f***in hate Robin, good god.

Hard hit ground balls? Come on dude...he throw 95...if you hit the ball it's going to be hard