GAME THREAD 7/9: SOX @ BOS

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Lol. The manager has no bearing on that whatsoever.

But seriously, this team is contending with Manny Acta.

I'm not worried about contention. I want to see a young team learn how to win together.

Robin gets in the way of that.

Whoever is blaming RV on this loss is delusional. Of course you take out Sale at 108 pitches with 2 outs in the 8th. Petricka is our best arm out of the pen so far this season and he just had an off night, same with Guerra. Bullpen blew the game tonight, not RV.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
Prior to tonight, Petricka hadn't given up a run his last 8 outings, and Guerra had not given up a run his last 12 appearances.

Yeah, I get it. Someone has to get outs. I've conceded that.

But no need to bring anyone in there. There is no escaping that.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
Whoever is blaming RV on this loss is delusional. Of course you take out Sale at 108 pitches with 2 outs in the 8th. Petricka is our best arm out of the pen so far this season and he just had an off night, same with Guerra. Bullpen blew the game tonight, not RV.

Please tell me why you don't pull him immediately after he gave up the hit then?

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 02:44 AM)
So do we trade Viciedo for De La Rosa and Nava. That was last week's deal and now Hahn saw both first hand tonight.

No way are they giving up De La Rosa for Viciedo. Thing is, seems like Boston is fully ready to become sellers.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
Yeah, I get it. Someone has to get outs. I've conceded that.

But no need to bring anyone in there. There is no escaping that.

I would have at least not chuckled at everyone of your ridiculous posts in this thread had you commented BEFORE the bullpen started imploding.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
So do we trade Viciedo for De La Rosa and Nava. That was last week's deal and now Hahn saw both first hand tonight.

No ...............Nava is DFA material.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
I'm not worried about contention. I want to see a young team learn how to win together.

Robin gets in the way of that.

So winning some but also losing more? Kind of like what they are doing now? Because winning more than this and they are in contention.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
I would have at least not chuckled at everyone of your ridiculous posts in this thread had you commented BEFORE the bullpen started imploding.

I could care less what you do, Dick.

I was sitting on my couch enjoying my evening.

Then Captain Dumbs*** ruined my goddamn evening.

I don't post for your benefit, trust me.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:48 PM)
So winning some but also losing more? Kind of like what they are doing now? Because winning more than this and they are in contention.

No, winning about 5 more games and feeling good about themselves and learning to win in general.

I have no illusions about them winning anything important this year. It's a development year. These choke jobs are doing nothing to further those objectives.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
I could care less what you do, Dick.

I was sitting on my couch enjoying my evening.

Then Captain Dumbs*** ruined my goddamn evening.

I don't post for your benefit, trust me.

I never said you did, but apparently you can't handle your pops.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)
No, winning about 5 more games and feeling good about themselves and learning to win in general.

I have no illusions about them winning anything important this year. It's a development year. These choke jobs are doing nothing to further those objectives.

So Robin has directly lost only 5 games for them?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:50 PM)

I am sure the players are as smart as you and know they didn't choke. Dumb Robin just struck as usual. This is a 130 win team with a message board poster making decisions.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 07:52 PM)
I am sure the players are as smart as you and know they didn't choke. Dumb Robin just struck as usual. This is a 130 win team with a message board poster making decisions.

Well then none of us knows jack s*** and our opinions mean nothing.

May as well shut down the site.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:53 PM)
Well then none of us knows jack s*** and our opinions mean nothing.

May as well shut down the site.

Never said that, but if you read gamethreads, there are very few games the Sox should lose, even with all the players on the roster who need to go away.130 wins is conservative.

There apparently are some of the greatest baseball minds of all time on this board.