Futuresox midseason top 25?

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
You also need to consider tools, not just stats when evaluating a prospect. He's a 23 year old 3B who brings plus power and plays good defense at the hot corner, and is very age appropriate for Triple A. That alone puts him ahead of many prospects. He may never hit better than .220 in the majors, but at the same time if he can hit 20 HRs and play good defense at third, he can be a good bench player and stick around for a few years.

Simply put, he has a higher ceiling and floor than many prospects in our system.

the main problem I have with prospect list is the inconsistency of how the ratings go from one

baseball source to another. who is right who is wrong, no-one and everyone. I wish the guideline is

used for a fair eval.

however with that, I can't wait for the new list to come out. I think these guys do a great job. :headbang

oh, fyi, the sox are now ranked 20.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 29, 2014 -> 03:40 PM)
Just an FYI, we do have a preliminary list ready. Regarding the time line, I think we're going to hold off on it until after the deadline in case the Sox make any additions that will need to be added.

I bet you guys will never guess who's #1 :)

99.9999% certain.