Sox officially sign Rodon

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:21 PM)
If lefty Rodon is awesome but righty Rodon sucks, can righty Rodon be sent down to AAA while lefty Rodon remains on the Sox???

I am all for left handed Rodon starting the game and right handed Rodon closing the games

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any database where we could find out how Rodon faired vs all college players drafted the last few years? It world be cool to know that he struck out say Shwarber 5 outa 6 times. Sample sizes might be tiny but if would be cool to know.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
First and last...

While I don't think he is a piece of s***, I do think calling him greedy is fair, and I can tell you that because of this whole thing, he hasn't gained any new fans. Even if becomes an ace in the next couple years, I have no intention of ever buying a jersey of his. Isn't really making himself a fan favorite early. Things can change, obviously.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:04 PM)
The kid is in single A to start. How will this affect trading?

If they project him to be in the majors this season then they can trade because he will come up.

Doubtful though, they don't want to push him because he already threw a bunch in college this year

If you got down on Carlos Rodon because of his contract negotiations you need to get your f***ing head on straight. This could easily be his only chance to set himself up for the rest of his life. He's a tweak of the elbow to ruing the day he got 0.5-1 million dollars less in bonus just so the few people paying any attention would like him more

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:22 PM)
If you got down on Carlos Rodon because of his contract negotiations you need to get your f***ing head on straight. This could easily be his only chance to set himself up for the rest of his life. He's a tweak of the elbow to ruing the day he got 0.5-1 million dollars less in bonus just so the few people paying any attention would like him more

word.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
While I don't think he is a piece of s***, I do think calling him greedy is fair, and I can tell you that because of this whole thing, he hasn't gained any new fans. Even if becomes an ace in the next couple years, I have no intention of ever buying a jersey of his. Isn't really making himself a fan favorite early. Things can change, obviously.

Greed is good. (per Gordon Gekko)

QUOTE (MAX @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:37 AM)
I'm willing to bet that a lot of the same people who complained that we never go over slot are complaining that we did with Rodon.

People should be thrilled that Hahn was willing to do something that would have never been possible 5 years ago

QUOTE (MAX @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
I'm willing to bet that a lot of the same people who complained that we never go over slot are complaining that we did with Rodon.

I am glad Sox paid the price and signed him.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 04:26 PM)

Next time you ask your boss for a raise, I think it's fair to call you greedy.

It's a business and I see no problem with a young player trying to get his max worth, especially given that there's no guarantee he ever pitches in the majors or sees another big contract. Injuries happen, especially with pitchers.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)
On the greed thing, we know what we're getting with a Boras client. Best case scenario, he makes 32+ starts for 5 seasons, win a championship, and trade him for 3 good prospects in 2020 or 2021.

That is a fair assessment to me.

Imagine if the salaries of everyone in your industry were public. Now imagine people in your company, people who do not contribute as much as you, are earning more. Are you going to think hey, I don't mind earning less so the company can sell our widgets for less or are you going to say, WTF? Barry makes more than me?! Of you find out that the guy at XYZ Company with the same job is making 25% more than you. Is it greedy to think WTF? These guys are competitive and salary is just one more way they compete.

The two guys drafted before him, and everybody after him too, took less money than greedon and signed right away (aiken was gonna sign right away remember, before he failed that physical). So they were more interested in signing and playing baseball, meanwhile rodon was more interested in getting the most money he could. Almost the exact definition of greed. Add in the fact that he hasn't pitched 1 professional inning yet he still was asking for more money. Go earn it first kid

QUOTE (Tmar @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
The two guys drafted before him, and everybody after him too, took less money than greedon and signed right away (aiken was gonna sign right away remember, before he failed that physical). So they were more interested in signing and playing baseball, meanwhile rodon was more interested in getting the most money he could. Almost the exact definition of greed. Add in the fact that he hasn't pitched 1 professional inning yet he still was asking for more money. Go earn it first kid

Wow this is one of the stupidest and most ridiculous posts I've ever seen.