7/10 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:37 PM)
May leadoff HR

Coats 1-1

Barnum RBI double

May really taking off as a prospect. Maybe he gets a small taste of AA this year if the recent surge continues a few more weeks.

Barnum's numbers almost identical to last year, now, after the recent hot streak. If he continues his recent production, and gets the K rate down some, he's firmly back on the radar. Lots of doubles OK for now, but will need to turn into more HR's of course.

Both will be interesting to follow, and any recent scouting info about either is appreciated.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
At 23, it would appear Dykstra has proven his point in low-A.

Ideal scenario would have Rodon flying through Winston-Salem and Dykstra going up then

He's still only given up 1 hit through 5 with no walks and 8 strikeouts

Edited by Feeky Magee

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:05 PM)
Since this is more active than the Rodon thread, but any confirmation that he passed his physical/signed?

Just my speculation, but with the Chris Sale hoopla/Day game, maybe they wanted to wait a day to announce it so the media is available for a conference call tomorrow.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:08 AM)
Just my speculation, but with the Chris Sale hoopla/Day game, maybe they wanted to wait a day to announce it so the media is available for a conference call tomorrow.

Good point...also, is Hahn even back in Chicago or is he in Boston?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 07:07 PM)
I also wonder if we made him any guarantee on a timeline.

Absolutely no need to make him any guarantee with how much they went over the slot. If I was the Sox I'd have been saying 'you can either sign for slot and we'll fast-track you to the bullpen, or you can push for overslot and you'll stay in the minors until we're satisfied with your changeup.'

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
Absolutely no need to make him any guarantee with how much they went over the slot. If I was the Sox I'd have been saying 'you can either sign for slot and we'll fast-track you to the bullpen, or you can push for overslot and you'll stay in the minors until we're satisfied with your changeup.'

Why though? They just got an ace for $6.5 million. I know what the system is but lets look at the big picture here. In the old system, he would've gotten $12 million and not been a White Sox. Carlos Rodon is an absolute bargain.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Why though? They just got an ace for $6.5 million. I know what the system is but lets look at the big picture here. In the old system, he would've gotten $12 million and not been a White Sox. Carlos Rodon is an absolute bargain.

That may be the case, but offering to start his clock is an incentive to get him to sign and there was no need to do it to get him to sign for the max bonus without giving away future picks. He's better off in the minors learning to use his change (which apparently saw very little action last year) rather than in the major league bullpen and probably relying on his fastball-slider combo.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 07:59 PM)
Ideal scenario would have Rodon flying through Winston-Salem and Dykstra going up then

He's still only given up 1 hit through 5 with no walks and 8 strikeouts

No use rushing Rodon. I hope he stays in the minors all year. No use wasting service time with this bunch of players.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
That may be the case, but offering to start his clock is an incentive to get him to sign and there was no need to do it to get him to sign for the max bonus without giving away future picks. He's better off in the minors learning to use his change (which apparently saw very little action last year) rather than in the major league bullpen and probably relying on his fastball-slider combo.

I don't want him in the majors either. If he comes up in September though, his clock doesn't start.