7/10 White Sox @ Red Sox 3:05CT

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 06:28 PM)
Ventura is going to be second-guessed on this one, too...

Isn't it funny how the Red Sox can bring up an inexperienced rookie and he manages to get a bunt down successfully when we always struggle in that area with young players?

Usually baseball players learn to bunt before they hit the major leagues.

And that was one of Carp's first at-bats of the season, I think.

Oh, well...back to the drawing board.

It's pretty clear nobody's going to want to have anything to do with Belisario....unless it's against the Dodgers, he doesn't pitch well under any kind of pressure.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
This f***ing ump really cost Sox the game RV needed to come out earlier and got tossed.

You don't win many games when you're 0/10 with RISP. Quintana deserved better, but he put himself in that situation in the bottom of the 6th, and the pitch sequence to Ortiz was absolutely befuddling.

Along with not caring what happens to Belisario, there's also Flowers and Leury Garcia on the roster.

Our "bottom 15-17" players on the 25 man have to be the worst in the majors.

Our top 8 or so can compete with any team in the majors.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 07:50 PM)
FIP 3.71, xFIP 3.44, SIERA 2.76. His K:BB rate is excellent. Dude has been seriously unlucky. Who exactly do you propose releasing him for?

Tell me your kidding right....

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:25 PM)
Really?? You never know what Beckham will do there. Maybe he walks, or gets a hit.. Either way, You don't take the bat out of the hands of Abreu who gets a lot of XBH.

I disagree with you 110%

You don't know what Beckham will do there. Maybe he homers. Maybe he hits into a double play. But we do know he was 0-4 with 3 Ks. While I hate taking the bat out of Abreu's hands we don't know what he will do there either (though I like his chances). You never know what Tank and Alexei will do either. If one of them gets a hit, we're not discussing this. The sacrifice paid off for the Red Sox. Bottom line, I think Robin shouldn't be crucified because Viciedo and Alexei didn't come through.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
Tell me your kidding right....

Only 58.1% of his baserunners have been stranded. LOB% is a figure that fluctuates too much to indicate that pitchers have that much of a control over it.

2009: 81.1

2010: 65.6

2011: injured

2012: 76.5

2013: 70.4

2014: 58.5

Tell me which year looks like the outlier...

His ERA last year was 3.97, the year before 2.54 and this year he's walking way less hitters than he did in either of those years, and striking out about the same as last year and a bit less than the year before. Unless he starts throwing differently, that ERA is gonna come down fast.

I see a bad pitcher with no command and control. No matter how many fancy stats you wanna try to put a spin on. He's bad, your not unluckywhen you walk lead-off hitters, your just bad. No fancy stats with a spin, just bad

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
I see a bad pitcher with no command and control. No matter how many fancy stats you wanna try to put a spin on. He's bad, your not unluckywhen you walk lead-off hitters, your just bad. No fancy stats with a spin, just bad

Ok, what ERA would you expect this bad pitcher with no command and control to pitch to for the rest of the year?