7/10 White Sox @ Red Sox 3:05CT

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)
Hey Beckham, how about you make yourself useful this inning.

Here we go.

1 for his last 30. Only one sacrifice, and only 8 on the season for the entire team.

Bunted it right at Miller, but got the job done. Off the lip, where the grass meets the dirt.

Walking Abreu to face Viciedo. No brainer.

Would they Red Sox have walked Abreu even with Eaton on 1st? BTW, it would also be quite helpful if Eaton had the ability to steal a base in these situations...

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Sox announcers now questioning why Ventura had to be forced by Ramirez to make that appeal in the bottom of the 9th.

Walk Ramirez to face Konerko?

Interesting, whichever way they go.

Konerko 0 for 4, 3 's but it works out for the Red Sox anyway.

Sigh. Wonder if that will end up being our best chance to win this game??

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)
Glad we decided not to let Abreu hit there. Thanks Robin

One of my biggest pet peeves is what happened that inning. I hate the bunt when it takes the bat out of your best hitter's hands.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:19 PM)
One of my biggest pet peeves is what happened that inning. I hate the bunt when it takes the bat out of your best hitter's hands.

Despite Viciedo's recent power surge, there's no way ANY manager in baseball will pitch to Abreu there.

Predictable outcome.

Either you have confidence in Eaton to steal the bag or you let Beckham hit away...and/or you have Beckham bunt him over to 3rd. Either way, they're probably going to work around Abreu in all likelihood, even with Eaton or Beckham still at 1B.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
Glad we decided not to let Abreu hit there. Thanks Robin

You want to have the potential winning run at 2nd with 1 out. Nothing wrong with that. Didn't work out. Yeah, that's Robin's fault.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 06:22 PM)
You want to have the potential winning run at 2nd with 1 out. Nothing wrong with that. Didn't work out. Yeah, that's Robin's fault.

Really?? You never know what Beckham will do there. Maybe he walks, or gets a hit.. Either way, You don't take the bat out of the hands of Abreu who gets a lot of XBH.

I disagree with you 110%