7/11 Games

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 03:19 AM)
Adolfo back in the lineup after an early exit last night. And it appears Johan Cruz is up from the DSL to replace the guy that went to the Astros.

0-5, SO in AZL debut. Had a .329/.424/.471 line with 12 BB/18 SO in 85 AB in DSL.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 08:48 PM)
Current Knights bullpen ERA:

Maikel Cleto - 7.57

Parker Frazier - 5.50

Nelvin Fuentes - 5.27

Ryan Kussmaul - 3.99

Henry Rodriguez - 21.60

Taylor Thompson - 2.86

Donnie Veal - 6.12

Matt Zaleski - 5.06

I think we just traded for a AAA pitcher with a 5+ ERA. I guess we wanted to trade for a pitcher that would feel at home.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:42 AM)
0-5, SO in AZL debut. Had a .329/.424/.471 line with 12 BB/18 SO in 85 AB in DSL.

Not bad. Hopefully we see something from these DSL guys. Rodriguez is looking interesting because of his power. Adolfo seems a bit overmatched so far.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 10:23 PM)
Michael Taylor 2-3 with 2 doubles and a walk

Davidson 2-5

Phegley 3-5, double

Ravelo 0-3, hit streak on the line

Jared Mitchell 3-4 with 2 homers

I heard that the biggest jump in the minors is from high A to AA for hitters especially because the pitching is a lot better, if that's the case how can Mitchell struggle at AAA so much? It's pretty similar to AA I assume, yet obviously the closest to MLB, I'm really rooting for Mitchell and loved his section in '09, felt awful for that ankle injury, and just want him in the show as soon as possible, it's sad seeing him struggle this much in AAA

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
I heard that the biggest jump in the minors is from high A to AA for hitters especially because the pitching is a lot better, if that's the case how can Mitchell struggle at AAA so much? It's pretty similar to AA I assume, yet obviously the closest to MLB, I'm really rooting for Mitchell and loved his section in '09, felt awful for that ankle injury, and just want him in the show as soon as possible, it's sad seeing him struggle this much in AAA

I actually think that in some cases, AA is harder than AAA is. For Jared Mitchell especially. A lot of tough LHP are in AA rather than AAA.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
I actually think that in some cases, AA is harder than AAA is. For Jared Mitchell especially. A lot of tough LHP are in AA rather than AAA.

The rule of thumb most people will say is that you often see the best fastballs at AA where guys like Rodon will be targeted to start the year next year, but you often see better off speed stuff at AAA where you have guys who are career minor leaguers/substitutes who don't have big league fastballs but who have decent control and off speed stuff.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 08:42 AM)
I don't know, but his numbers in his first stint in AA never warranted a bump to AAA in the first place. Honestly the only quality hitting he's done at all was his first season at Kanny and now. I'm rooting for him too.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
I don't know, but his numbers in his first stint in AA never warranted a bump to AAA in the first place. Honestly the only quality hitting he's done at all was his first season at Kanny and now. I'm rooting for him too.

I also believe he's had two good stints in the AFL and Spring Training at least once