2015 MLB Draft

ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 10:18 AM)
allard and his back injury concerns me.

I agree that it has to be somewhat of a concern, but it's always harder for fans when we have no idea what the medical staff has to say. Could be a huge deal, or could be a minor issue. All I know is that a 17 year old lefty who can already touch 95 with a good hard breaking ball, and a very smooth delivery is really difficult to pass on. I think we'll know how big of a concern his back is based on where he gets drafted. I don't see how he's not a top 5 prospect in this draft class if fully healthy.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 09:24 AM)
I agree that it has to be somewhat of a concern, but it's always harder for fans when we have no idea what the medical staff has to say. Could be a huge deal, or could be a minor issue. All I know is that a 17 year old lefty who can already touch 95 with a good hard breaking ball, and a very smooth delivery is really difficult to pass on. I think we'll know how big of a concern his back is based on where he gets drafted. I don't see how he's not a top 5 prospect in this draft class if fully healthy.

Keith Law thinks Allard is still going #6 to Minnesota

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)

and that is why baseball draft is such a hit or miss. the resources needed to look in to these rpt. but at least in the next cba, teams will look at these medical rpts.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
Keith Law thinks Allard is still going #6 to Minnesota

But Law also thinks the Sox will have a choice between Jay and Fulmer with the Sox taking Fulmer ahead of Jay.

I really hope Law is right as far as the Sox having a choice between Jay and Fulmer, just make that pick Tyler Jay. :)

Sox need another Tyler anyway.

McDaniels' latest update: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-mock-dr...placement-post/

8. White Sox – Carson Fulmer, RHP, Vanderbilt

I’ve heard that the White Sox prefer Fulmer to Jay (as do I, further proving the White Sox have good taste in pitchers) and all spring they’ve been tied to those two, with some chance neither gets here — although, in this scenario, they both do. I’m not sure who their third option is if all three college arms fail to get here (I haven’t heard them tied to one bat), but most assume it’s Jon Harris.

Jon Harris should be pitching today in the Super Regional vs Arkansas. Good chance to see two top 10 picks in him and Benintendi.

Harris will probably end up being great, as I don't want the Sox to take him (much in the way I didn't want them to take Wacha)

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Is this the thread that we should post in once the draft starts or will there be a new thread to post in?

Yes, the other will be a locked thread with info on picks

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Yes, the other will be a locked thread with info on picks

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
There will also be draft day discussion threads for each day of the draft to keep things simple.

Actually, this thread will be closed. We'll open a new discussion thread, pinned, in PHT on draft day with the tracker link in the OP.

There will also be a locked thread in FS with picks and status.