2015 MLB Draft

ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
if some unknown factor does develop between now and tomorrow night, lets say a combo of Benintendi or Tucker or even Cameron, gets pick before the sox, lets say for an underslot deal. that means by default some of the fav's will fall.... now comes the prayers to the baseball gods and hope it will be one the sox really like.

If its a pitcher, well you know my choice. :lol:

As for hitters, any one of Benintendi, Happ, Stephenson, Tucker or Stewart sound good to me.

While I'm at if. Anyone know why hitters like Happ, Stewart and Dewees are not rated higher? I'm just curious is all.

Edited by StRoostifer

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
In a perfect world, who would you want the Sox to get in the draft at #8?

For me, it's Tyler Jay easily.

I'd be happy with Jay, Tucker, Stephenson, and Harris.

For me, I really think were bound to get one of Fulmer, Tate, Jay, or Stephenson at 8. Especially that Swanson, Rodgers, Bregman and possibly the Arkansas OF could all go in the top 7.

With that said, I'd love (in order) Fulmer, Jay, Stephenson, Tate. Although, I would not be upset with either of these guys given who's on the board.

For us Fulmer fans, the big pick is the Rockies at 3. Sources saying they're between Jay and Rodgers. The Rangers at 4 want Rodgers, and if he's gone, word is they'll take Bregman, and word is the Red Sox at 7 will take Bregman, but if he's not there, they'll take Fulmer. So basically according to info, if the Rockies take Jay at 3, Fulmer should fall to the White Sox.

I'm on that train with you.

Can't decide on what I prefer if Jay is not available. My mind kinda changes,lol.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
Is Fulmer really that good though? The dude topped out at 91 or 92 MPH after almost a week rest and he uses so much energy for each pitch that he throws.

Those could be warning signs IMO.

Not worried about it at all actually.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
McDaniel tweeted about 3 guys being talked to for underslot deals that could go in top 10. Hayes, Clark and Newman.

I saw that as well.

If the Sox are one of these teams, I'd want Clark out of all of them.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
Why?

Dominated one of the best line ups in college without his best stuff. Has proved it all year, if he got tired with one start even with extended rest, the pro workout plan would get him in much better shape durability wise.

If Vandy makes it to the CWS, let's see what Fulmer's velocity is that start.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
I saw that as well.

If the Sox are one of these teams, I'd want Clark out of all of them.

I doubt it will be and I'm not a big fan of going below slot this year when they don't have a second or third round pick.

If they can't select Tate/Fulmer, it seems prudent to go after an advanced hitter.

CARSON FULMER

Like teammate Dansby Swanson, Fulmer is also a finalist for the Golden Spikes award. The pitcher has a strong track record, but some question his mechanics. For those reasons, he’s been linked to the White Sox. The club has had success with Chris Sale and Carlos Rodon recently, and both of those pitchers fit Fulmer’s mold. He can hit the mid to high 90s with his fastball, and also features a power curve and a changeup. The changeup needs work, but some believe it can become an above average offering in the future. He gets high marks from scouts for his work ethic. (Chris Cwik)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...jNfMQRzZWMDc2M-

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
McDaniel tweeted about 3 guys being talked to for underslot deals that could go in top 10. Hayes, Clark and Newman.

Sox need the best player at 8 regardless, with no picks round 2 and 3. I do not want to hear under slot and Sox in the same sentence on Monday.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 7, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Dominated one of the best line ups in college without his best stuff. Has proved it all year, if he got tired with one start even with extended rest, the pro workout plan would get him in much better shape durability wise.

If Vandy makes it to the CWS, let's see what Fulmer's velocity is that start.

Plus, you know, he topped out at 95 twice.